Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
Louth57

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB2013 View Post
No, those are all on the March 8 London card, that card is very good.

I'll give you the Singapore & Macao events pale in comparison.. but the Singapore card was free after all, & Macao is in the same month as the London card.. Judging by the London card, I think the cards on Fight Pass will improve for the most part once it's actually goes full access. Or whatever you would call it, with paid subscription.
my guess would be that this card is more stacked because its in the uk which would be need more names on the card to sell than say macau and the likes where they are happy to get any ufc event im guessing

Louth57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
JAB2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinFroggy View Post
Ah. But isn't that the first ever fight pass card? I could see them "stacking" it to get people to buy, then having the future ones contain much more obscure fighters. After all, you can't even manually cancel fight pass subscription. You have to send an email, and I've heard some people don't even get a response and have to call and wait on hold for 45 minutes
TUF China Finale is the first one, 1 week before.

DHK vs Hathaway, 2 TUF Finals, Hioki vs Menjivar, Mitrione vs Jordan, plus some pretty good prospects signed for it so far: Yui Chul Nam, Jumabieke Tuerxun, Doo Ho Choi, Alberto Mina

JAB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
FeelinFroggy
Banned

Quote:
TUF China Finale is the first one, 1 week before.

DHK vs Hathaway, 2 TUF Finals, Hioki vs Menjivar, Mitrione vs Jordan, plus some pretty good prospects signed for it so far: Yui Chul Nam, Jumabieke Tuerxun, Doo Ho Choi, Alberto Mina
I mean, yeah, it doesn't sound too bad. And I don't even mind paying the $10/mo., except that I take issue with Zuffa's strong-arm tactics (requiring a cc for free trial, then making you jump through hoops to cancel) and lack of concern for its customers (e.g. not using secure servers to protect my cc info).

FeelinFroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #14
JAB2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinFroggy View Post
except that I take issue with Zuffa's strong-arm tactics (requiring a cc for free trial, then making you jump through hoops to cancel) and lack of concern for its customers (e.g. not using secure servers to protect my cc info).
I definitely can't disagree with you there. I hate that kind of shit, but like I said, hopefully it will improve with time as far as security goes as well.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #15
wandshocop

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, those are all on the March 8 London card, that card is very good.

I'll give you the Singapore & Macao events pale in comparison.. but the Singapore card was free after all, & Macao is in the same month as the London card.. Judging by the London card, I think the cards on Fight Pass will improve for the most part once it actually goes full access. Or whatever you would call it, with paid subscription.
I think they'll just keep getting better and better to try and sway people over to the fight pass. Im on board. London card looks good.

Wand/Shogun/CroCop/BigNog/Fedor/Gomi/JDS/Hunto/Condit/Aldo/Lyoto/Reem/Anderson/Mcgregor/KZ/Rampage/Siver
wandshocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
JAB2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandshocop View Post
I think they'll just keep getting better and better to try and sway people over to the fight pass. Im on board. London card looks good.
As far as I can tell, the Abu Dhabi card is the only Fight Pass card in April, unless they announce another one before April 11. That's 2 Fight Pass events in March, 1 in April..

So it better be pretty stacked.. & as I said before, I would be far more enthusiastic for Big Nog vs Barnett III instead of the Big Country fight.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #17
wandshocop

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
As far as I can tell, the Abu Dhabi card is the only Fight Pass card in April, unless they announce another one before April 11.

So it will probably be pretty stacked whether it's local talent or not, UFC 112 was pretty stacked too, it just didn't turn out well.

As I mentioned before, I would be far more enthusiastic for Big Nog vs Barnett III though.
Im in if Nog is in no matter what but I agree I would love Nog vs Barnett III. With them both coming off losses it would have been perfect. First two were great.

Wand/Shogun/CroCop/BigNog/Fedor/Gomi/JDS/Hunto/Condit/Aldo/Lyoto/Reem/Anderson/Mcgregor/KZ/Rampage/Siver
wandshocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #18
GrindingANARCHY

vCash: 3693
If Shogun defeats Hendo, Id want to see Nog 2.

Thank you Wand!

ACCOUNT BET WITH LongSlenderBody
Aldo vs Mendes 2
Aldo via KO
GrindingANARCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #19
JAB2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingANARCHY View Post
If Shogun defeats Hendo, Id want to see Nog 2.
Exactly opposite for me.. I would've liked to see Shogun/Hendo after Shogun beat Nog & Hendo beat Franklin.

I don't truly have confidence that Hendo would beat Rich at this point though, that's why I think it would be a good retirement fight for Ace, with a chance to avenge the loss.