Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #141
pcbh

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift0036 View Post
According to her FB ( and I'm guessing her Twitter as well ) , she might have a fight soon.

GOD , MAKE THE FIGHT VS TATE PLEASE ! DO SOMETHING !

" Do something. Do something. You phony prick fraudulent motherfucker. Do something! Come on! Prove it! Fuck faith! Earn it! Show me something real! I need it now. Not later. Now! Show me and I'll believe in you until the day I die. I swear. I'm calling on you. I'm calling on you! "

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Great scene from a great movie btw
Thank you for telling me! I thought it would be a long time until Sara was going to fight again.

I really hope she fights Miesha. I never thought of them fighting before, but it would be a great fight. What do you think about Sara fighting Cyborg? I think that would be an amazing fight.

pcbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #142
Body Shot

Orange Belt

The top ladies in the division will eventually fight each other. Tate, Kaufman, Liz, McMann, Zingano, Davis, Bethe, Eye, etc the list goes on. Holm, Pena, Cyborg might be on that list one day too.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #143
Spindrift0036

Brown Belt

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbh View Post
Thank you for telling me! I thought it would be a long time until Sara was going to fight again.

I really hope she fights Miesha. I never thought of them fighting before, but it would be a great fight. What do you think about Sara fighting Cyborg? I think that would be an amazing fight.
Well for starters , a dumbass promoter or whatever the fuck he was, asked her if she'd fight Cyborg and she said yeah , absolutely ( post-fight interview after her 3rd or 4th fight if I remember correctly ) . But man , the cuteness in that interview killed me haha

I don't know man. Cyborg just lost a MT fight and I feel sorry for the girl they put her against haha * Fast & Furious *

On a serious note though , I think that Cyborg would win. And that's because Cyborg is taller and has a reach advantage over Sara. That horse thing ... uhm... horsewoman was giving her problems whenever she attempted a takedown , so I don't see the reason Cyborg won't.

Sara's striking is looking good, and things could get interesting if the fight went to the ground.

My only fear is what if Cyborg pulls off a Baars-knee when she goes for the takedown ?

HARD WORK PAYS OFF
Spindrift0036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #144
pcbh

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Well for starters , a dumbass promoter or whatever the fuck he was, asked her if she'd fight Cyborg and she said yeah , absolutely ( post-fight interview after her 3rd or 4th fight if I remember correctly ) . But man , the cuteness in that interview killed me haha

I don't know man. Cyborg just lost a MT fight and I feel sorry for the girl they put her against haha * Fast & Furious *

On a serious note though , I think that Cyborg would win. And that's because Cyborg is taller and has a reach advantage over Sara. That horse thing ... uhm... horsewoman was giving her problems whenever she attempted a takedown , so I don't see the reason Cyborg won't.

Sara's striking is looking good, and things could get interesting if the fight went to the ground.

My only fear is what if Cyborg pulls off a Baars-knee when she goes for the takedown ?

Sara's always cute! LOL

I actually think Sara would win. Every fight Cyborg has, she always rushes to her opponents and overwhelms them with strikes. Sheila Gaff rushed to Sara and was taken down immediately; I think the same thing would happen to Cyborg and Sara's striking is better than Cyborg's. Sara has good head and feet movement and doesn't just throw several punches at her opponent like Cyborg.

Cyborg's got superhuman durability though. LOL I was shocked when Jorina Baars kept knocking her down and she got up quickly like she wasn't even hit.

I don't recall Cyborg ever stopping a takedown with a knee; she always uses her hands to stop takedowns.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #145
Spindrift0036

Brown Belt

Quote:
Sara's always cute! LOL

I actually think Sara would win. Every fight Cyborg has, she always rushes to her opponents and overwhelms them with strikes. Sheila Gaff rushed to Sara and was taken down immediately; I think the same thing would happen to Cyborg and Sara's striking is better than Cyborg's. Sara has good head and feet movement and doesn't just throw several punches at her opponent like Cyborg.

Cyborg's got superhuman durability though. LOL I was shocked when Jorina Baars kept knocking her down and she got up quickly like she wasn't even hit.

I don't recall Cyborg ever stopping a takedown with a knee; she always uses her hands to stop takedowns.
- Well, she got owned by that knee , and that's why I started my sentence with " What if " haha.

But yeah, Cyborg doesn't play the waiting game. Goddamn , imagine what would happen if Sara miraculously Shiela Gaff-ed ( see what I did there ? ) Cyborg. hahaha.

Sara " The Spring " McMann ftmfw

Oh and Cyborg's MT fight was awesome. I'm actually surprised it didn't end in a knockout ( both of them had their moments )

HARD WORK PAYS OFF
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #146
pcbh

Yellow Belt

Icon14

Quote:
- Well, she got owned by that knee , and that's why I started my sentence with " What if " haha.

But yeah, Cyborg doesn't play the waiting game. Goddamn , imagine what would happen if Sara miraculously Shiela Gaff-ed ( see what I did there ? ) Cyborg. hahaha.

Sara " The Spring " McMann ftmfw

Oh and Cyborg's MT fight was awesome. I'm actually surprised it didn't end in a knockout ( both of them had their moments )
Oh, my bad. I was confused. LOL

Ronda only attacked Sara with knees because she watched her previous fights and observed that Sara had a bent posture because she's a wrestler. I don't think Cyborg would use this tactic. I think she'll just do what she always does and throw a flurry of punches to overwhelm Sara.

I saw what you did there. LMAO!

Cyborg's fight was amazing! I thought she was going to beat Jorina with ease at first because she's so aggressive and I had never heard of Jorina. I was surprised it didn't end in a knockout, too. I thought Jorina's knee to Cyborg's face (The one in the Gif you posted) was going to finish Cyborg off.

I heard today that Cat Zingano is training again. Maybe Sara is going to fight her. If so, Sara is going to win with ease. Miesha was easily beating Cat in the second round with her wrestling, so Sara will make quick work of her.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #147
JarlSkuld

Green Belt

Sara McMann is a particularly bad match-up for Miesha (Olympic wrestling vs. high school wrestling, power vs. ...hmmm...speed?). I don`t know why she is calling out Kaufman either; Sarah would punch the pretty out of Miesha`s face. Calling out Carano is obvious (as others have pointed out); low-risk, high-payday fight.

But, the bottom line is: Miesha can't compete with top BWs any more. Vs. Ronda? Tate gets wrecked (and has to enter therapy). vs. McMann? Tate gets ragdolled and shown what wrestling really is. vs. Davis? Tate gets picked apart, worn down, and choked out in a one-sided fight. vs. Zingano? Tate gets brutalized with knees and elbows and collapses in a heep...again. vs. Kaufman? Tate eats hard face-punches all night while trying futile takedown attempts on a stronger fighter - resulting in a lop-sided, unanimous decision and a very swollen, bloodied face. I wouldn`t pick Miesha to beat Eye or Nunes either, though those fights might be more competitive. Tate needs to realize she is barely Top 10 - a gatekeeper - and shouldn't be calling out anyone.

Jarl

Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #148
Spindrift0036

Brown Belt

Quote:
Oh, my bad. I was confused. LOL

Ronda only attacked Sara with knees because she watched her previous fights and observed that Sara had a bent posture because she's a wrestler. I don't think Cyborg would use this tactic. I think she'll just do what she always does and throw a flurry of punches to overwhelm Sara.

I saw what you did there. LMAO!

Cyborg's fight was amazing! I thought she was going to beat Jorina with ease at first because she's so aggressive and I had never heard of Jorina. I was surprised it didn't end in a knockout, too. I thought Jorina's knee to Cyborg's face (The one in the Gif you posted) was going to finish Cyborg off.

I heard today that Cat Zingano is training again. Maybe Sara is going to fight her. If so, Sara is going to win with ease. Miesha was easily beating Cat in the second round with her wrestling, so Sara will make quick work of her.
Yeah , I was thinking about Zingano the other day and the possibility that she'll take a fight vs McMann as a tune-up fight. And then I thought " What if she loses ? " and I crossed that fight off my " fights to make " list

I'm sorry, are you talking about Miesha " Cupcake " Tate , formerly known as Miesha " Takedown " Tate ? haha

I think that McMann is better than Tate in pretty much every aspect of her game , apart from the submissions part ( simply because Tate has more experience ).
Not to mention that her cardio is x100 times better than Tate's

A fight vs Zingano at this time is dangerous for everyone. Especially now , after all she's been through.

Check this out
Tyson vs Douglas

The guy's mother died 23 days before the fight , and he knocked Mike fucking Tyson out.

She has an extra motive now , to honor her husband's memory and to take care of her son. I'm just hoping that she'll come back better and improved after all this tragedy.

About the Cyborg fight : Yeah, I thought that it was game over for Cyborg after she got hit by that knee. I don't know about you, but they were both throwing bombs at each other.

Baars is a world champ in MT and she's 1/3 in MMA
Cyborg is a chmap in MMA and she's 2-1 in MT

As the saying goes " To each his own" haha ( If I got it wrong , gimme a break , it's 3:35 am here haha )

Anyways , I'm done for the night , gotta get some sleep!

HARD WORK PAYS OFF