Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #61
king of theRing

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb413197 View Post
I'd love to see him in the UFC, but the UFC is incredibly shortsighted these days to save money. They're being very shortsighted and not signing prospects when it costs them a bit more and aren't really developing any new stars because of this. IMHO they should sign him even if it costs them 75k/fight.
He would demand wayyy more than that. Quarter mill at the least

king of theRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #62
VolkHan

Purple Belt

I think he takes good money with Glory + WSOF.

And like Baars is one of those top kickboxers that I hope they stay in kickboxing, that's their sport.

FLW: Almeida, Gaff, Andrade
SW: JoJo, Gadelha, Inoue, Hamasaki, Rawlings, Kankanpaa
AW: Ham, Waterson, Costigan
VolkHan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #63
king of theRing

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolkHan View Post
I think he takes good money with Glory + WSOF.

And like Baars is one of those top kickboxers that I hope they stay in kickboxing, that's their sport.
This

king of theRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 AM   #64
frandie2b
-------(SALAD BELT)-------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjpenngoat View Post
idk it takes YEARS to grasp the nuances of wrestling and clinches and when to kick and when not to kick. I don't think he will do well and I love him in k1. I just don't think these guys can come to mma and be successful in a cage. Crocop is the exception and even he couldn't get it done in the cage. the ring is a much easier arena for a striker against a grappler.
I agree with what you said but when I see guys like Junior Dos Santos who evolved pretty fast in the sport (started training MMA at 22 or something like that), I believe that Tyron has what it takes to compete in the UFC. Of course he would have to focus on it at 100% and let go kickboxing.

The Armenian Assassin - The Siberian Tiger - The Last Emperor - The Eagle
frandie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #65
OoopsaDaisey

Blue Belt

vCash: 50
The UFC can't (or won't, rather) afford Tyrone Spong. He makes more money in a one night GLORY tournament than top UFC fighters do fighting 3x a year. The UFC would have to offer him 100k+ a fight for him to sign an exclusive contract.

After Spong's WSOF contract runs out, I expect him to sign with Bellator if he plans to continue MMA. He's already hyped up a fight with Rampage, and it could be put on PPV.