Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Ask The Fighters

Ask The Fighters Got a question about the sport or a particular fighter? Ask them.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 18490
IMO you can replace them with something similar but that movement is a common one and needs training.

I personally have a reduced ROM in my shoulder and it makes pushups harder. I also can't bench very much but I have found dumbell presses don't cause me issues, perhaps try them.

I don't think push ups are necessarly better than dumbell presses for the arms/shoulder/chest they are just extremely convenient. However they do require some core strength so perhaps some additional planks (high planks are better) or similar would be wise.

Replacing them will not be a short cut but you can only do what you can do.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
LatFlare

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElbows View Post
There's no shortcuts in life, do your push-ups.
this.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
LatFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
TheeFaulted
Inzer Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion paw View Post
for starters, I hurt my shoulder at work last year so I kind of put it off. The work I do isn't major, its just a lot of rapid movement(warehouse) of lifting, pulling, picking up and the like. When I first started my job I would do 100 (10x10) 3x a week. After my injury I stopped. Today, I get a lil pain here and there(rotator cuff, both arms) either during or after work.
Look up the Diesel Crew shoulder rehab program. It helped me tons. (I have a shoulder that had chronic dislocations over the course of a decade.)

TheeFaulted is offline   Reply With Quote