Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #21
DanTheWolfman.com
Professional Fighter

vCash: 500
It has always been my gut that Rousey would win the first, and McMann would win the rematch. And hopefully Ronda does a third before retiring to Lollaland Hollywood

Old 02-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #22
DanTheWolfman.com
Professional Fighter

What you guys think?

Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #23
Norther**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emax View Post
I will say this about this fight - it is gonna ignite the style vs style debates with regards to Judo and wrestling and BJJ. Once Rousey gets another easy first round armbar the American Judo community is gonna be crowing and talking shit for weeks, if not months.
which is funny, because Ronda is just a better talent, if she trained wrestling she would probably be as good at McMann at it, maybe better, who knows.

just look at all the UFC champs with wrestling backgrounds....ovder half of the mens champs have wrestling base. one judo champ, especially in the weakest UFC division, doesnt mean jacksquat

Norther** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
apostle

Purple Belt

I'm a die hard Ronda fan and I'll never root against her, but I like McMann, she's a sweet heart, and a legitimate fighter in the women's division.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #25
_Keyser_Soze_

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONCRETE CHALLY View Post
Rousey won't be able to pull off her flashy Judo moves on McMann. Rousey could get lucky in the clinch and score a cheap one. But I'm pretty sure the last fighter Rhonda wants to roll with is McMann. Rhondas striking is nothing to write home about, either is McManns. Now way Rhonda will be able to fend off McManns leg attacks. Once McMann gets Rhonda down, she is going to beat her the fuck up.
You clearly underestimate Ronda's BJJ - even from the bottom. And yeah, Rousey WILL get McMann down. I'll bump this when the fight is over, to see which one of us was correct...

Rousey makes McMann tap due to arm bar. In the second round.

I chuckle at the people who think that wrestling is somehow superior to judo. It isn't. Not when you have a world class judoka such as Rousey. And please talk about that Silver medal in wrestling that McMann won. Exactly how many participants from how many different countries participated in the first ever women's wrestling at the Olympics where McMann went 2-2 to win a silver medal? I thought so. She went 1-1 to GET to the semis FFS. Ronda is simply on another level with respect to Judo, a sport that had a LOT more countries participating - so her Bronze Medal is far more impressive. At least if you understand how each woman got there...

Lifelong Judoka beats Wrestler since High school.

_Keyser_Soze_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #26
DanTheWolfman.com
Professional Fighter

How close can Ronda get with an armbar or any sub from buttom? Close back and forth fight can McMann win 3 of 5? Split? Drama? Boards blowing up? oh my