Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Calivornia

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Sports often intentionally brew love or hate towards their athletes and teams. the only thing they do not want is indifference.

I have no idea why like or dislike some athletes but I know why I dislike Jon Jones... Because that's why. ; )

Calivornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
Street Level

Brown Belt

vCash: 200
People have all kinds of reasons they "hate on" certain fighters and the same goes for people liking certain fighters.
I'm not very big on GSP. He is absolutely one of the GOATs and I have immense respect for the guy the way he completely shuts fighters down. You know exactly what he is going to do and still does it. But, I find his fights kinda boring and find myself rooting against him, not because I hate the guy, but I want the other fighter to do something exciting (EVERYONE jumped out of their seats when Carlos dropped him and that is honestly the most excitement that any of his fights have given me lately tbh).
I really like watching Anderson fight because he is exciting. He does things that are fundamentally awful, like leaving your hands at his waist, but has some spectacular KO's and gifs all over the place.
To each their own. To outright hate someone you have never met and actually don't know is stupid and only on an internet forum you find shit like this.

#18 Kyle Busch
#11 Denny Hamlin

PBR Street Gang, this is Almighty, standing by...
Street Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
stin4tw

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
It wasnt until I joined Sherdog did I root for guys like Shogun and Penn to lose to perceived underdogs.

^^ 98% of Sherdog's MMAth

8/23/12 - Official "WTF" Day | 30
stin4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
hto63

Brown Belt

fighting is an individual sport

and even if you don't care about his opponent, if you like the guy he is fighting you are automatically personally invested

also some fighters make it really easy to dislike them, let's be honest about that one

hto63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
NoContest

Yellow Belt

vCash: 239
usually a fighter will do something outside the ring or inside that will make you like or dislike him

Mark Hominick against Aldo or Maldonado against Glover - I started liking them because they kept going

Brandon Vera - stopped liking him because he seems to be obsessed with guns rights and because he tends to cover himself like he's gonna cry every time he gets hit with big shots

Meathead - dislike him because he said that transsexual who wants to fight women is a disgusting freak

NoContest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
ayiio

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by twontwon View Post
I am fight fan. combat sports, mixed martial arts. There is talent all over and seeing people come and dominate is fascinating to an extent. I watch to see fights and technique and to see some personality sometimes, but I don't know these people personally. I don't understand why people want them to lose and don't like their personality? Like Bones, he has the gift, but people want him to lose, just because they don't like him and are tired of hearing him. Don't listen to him then, you don't have to watch interviews, google him, tweet into facespace, but people do and then "dislike" it and literally take it personal.

I just don't understand it. If you don't like ronda why watch tuf, why watch her interviews, everyone can not please you.

That being said, I hope mighty mouse is training hard because JB is coming and has been looking like a monster. Who do you think wins?
When it come to sport , loving to hate someone is a huge facet .