Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #31
Dirty Dik

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3yo View Post
-

-and now we have fans who don't think vets should fight vets because it doesn't put either closer to a title so the fight can't possibly mean anything important.
This is not a new concept spideyo, it's called common sense. F it let's grab a 30 rack and sit down and watch Mike Tyson and Holyfield go at it again for a 3rd time just so we can reminisce about how great it was. Because obviously a third fight would mean so much nowadays..

Dirty Dik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #32
fightdonttweet

Black Belt

vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dik View Post
I will attempt to educate you just this last time. If you look back in the thread I already said Shogun may have something left in the tank. Yes Brown has more fights than shogun for his career. HOWEVER, look at the quality of competition. Brown was fighting backyard brawlers the first half of his career meanwhile shogun is fighting guys like Arona, Overeem, Rampage, Babalu, lil Nog etc..(all of whom were in their prime). If your really going to argue with me that Matt Brown has more miles on him than Shogun then I guess this discussion is a lost cause.
And beating them, mostly by knockout. Brown was losing to those "backyard brawlers."

Old 08-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #33
spid3yo

vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dik View Post
This is not a new concept spideyo, it's called common sense. F it let's grab a 30 rack and sit down and watch Mike Tyson and Holyfield go at it again for a 3rd time just so we can reminisce about how great it was. Because obviously a third fight would mean so much nowadays..
It's funny you want to talk common sense than then use such a shitty example of 2 retired fighters to try and make your point.

Clearly I struck a nerve, and for that I am not sorry.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #34
neovolrath

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3yo View Post
It's funny you want to talk common sense than then use such a shitty example of 2 retired fighters to try and make your point.

Clearly I struck a nerve, and for that I am not sorry.
/owned well played good sir

neovolrath is offline   Reply With Quote