Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #21
Presinator
If Arnold were President, he would be...

vCash: 500
It's easier to be accurate when you're including ground and pound and clinch shots.

Presinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:18 PM   #22
Dutch Rudder

Orange Belt

I think the Silva hype train has come to a screeching halt....

Dutch Rudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
corrupted

Brown Belt

He landed with great accuracy AND he was fighting a fighter looked to have gassed after trying to finish him early. It was a combination of both the fact that he was accurate and the fighter he was tagging was basically simply turning his head and walking away as he was getting hit....

It wasn't a good match up. They've tried to sell Silva on several occasions on the fact that he's "ultra aggressive". Which I haven't really seen, they also came out and said he was "good both going backwards and and on the front foot" which is also untrue as he showed little if nothing against Fitch and was knocked cold coming forward against Stun Gun...

He looks good. That's about it.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #24
GusOwnsJones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cade187 View Post
lol at people trying to discredit that performance.
Yeah, that's absurd and ridiculous. Matt Brown looked like a version of Nick Diaz, but he mixed it up outside of boxing which was amazing to watch. I really hope they go ahead and give him the title shot, rankings don't mean shit in this case.

He absolutely destroyed Jordan Mein which in my opinion was the #1 prospect in the WW division. Did you see how shitty he looked in his last fight? He doesn't appear to be the same fighter.

The Erick Silva gassed argument is also very very ignorant. Why did he gas? Because he got hit with over 100+ significant strikes. You really think he didn't train and only has 4 minutes of cardio with a minute break?

GusOwnsJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #25
bandicoot

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusOwnsJones View Post
Yeah, that's absurd and ridiculous. Matt Brown looked like a version of Nick Diaz, but he mixed it up outside of boxing which was amazing to watch. I really hope they go ahead and give him the title shot, rankings don't mean shit in this case.

He absolutely destroyed Jordan Mein which in my opinion was the #1 prospect in the WW division. Did you see how shitty he looked in his last fight? He doesn't appear to be the same fighter.

The Erick Silva gassed argument is also very very ignorant. Why did he gas? Because he got hit with over 100+ significant strikes. You really think he didn't train and only has 4 minutes of cardio with a minute break?
But but jet lag and he only gasses cuz he tried to finish too fast and he only landed punches cuz he was gassed!!!

Last edited by bandicoot; 05-11-2014 at 10:42 PM.
bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #26
Lito Lapida

Purple Belt

it just prove that Silva is one tough mofo, hopefully doesn't end up like Ali. He took a lot of damage last night.

Lito Lapida is offline   Reply With Quote