Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #211
brainwash

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberMan View Post
Knowing how to fight inside and actually getting in are 2 separate issues, it by now you haven't realized that getting Machida's timing down and closing distance between him are probably the hardest things to do in MMA then I really don't know what you've been watching.
people get in punching range with machida all the time

brainwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #212
NikFights
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Fitting account name.

__________________
CORMIER, VELASQUEZ, GUSTAFSSON, EMELIANENKOS, moose, mcgregor, hendricks, diaz bros, silva, gus, belfort, krause, browne, overeem, HUNT, mccall, showtime
NikFights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #213
BomberMan

Brown Belt
 
BomberMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lion city
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
no hes not, hes better than shogun

and hence why he will dispatch machida even quicker
A guy with 11 fights is going to dispatch Machida? Nope.

Catches Anderson clowning and checks a leg kick = now an unstoppable force that is gonna dispatch a well proven veteran that has been fighting since 2003.

__________________
War
BomberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #214
BomberMan

Brown Belt
 
BomberMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lion city
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
people get in punching range with machida all the time
Lol at all the time, okay whatever you say buddy.

I like your screen name, fits you very well, however brainwashed would be better.

__________________
War
BomberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #215
brainwash

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberMan View Post
A guy with 11 fights is going to dispatch Machida? Nope.

Catches Anderson clowning and checks a leg kick = now an unstoppable force that is gonna dispatch a well proven veteran that has been fighting since 2003.
funny how delusional one can be in order to fit their argument

brainwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #216
BomberMan

Brown Belt
 
BomberMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lion city
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
funny how delusional one can be in order to fit their argument
HAHA delusional?? ohhhh the irony

__________________
War
BomberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #217
Guitarmbar

Black Belt
 
Guitarmbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
That was one horrible argument made by the TS. Aside from all the overly emotional, irrational, chest beating language there was one thing that jumped out.

Weidman being good in the pocket will matter very little in this fight. When have you ever seen Machida have to fight in the pocket?

__________________
"That's why I don't throw the jab. Because I'm happy to eat a jab if it means I get to land a real punch."
-Bas Rutten
Guitarmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #218
BomberMan

Brown Belt
 
BomberMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lion city
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
funny how delusional one can be in order to fit their argument
You honestly believe that Weidman is going to dispatch Machida quicker than Shogun did? Meaning within the 1st 3 minutes of round one? And I'm the delusional one here?

__________________
War
BomberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #219
brainwash

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmbar View Post
That was one horrible argument made by the TS. Aside from all the overly emotional, irrational, chest beating language there was one thing that jumped out.

Weidman being good in the pocket will matter very little in this fight. When have you ever seen Machida have to fight in the pocket?
i don't know where you got the context that it was "emotional and chest beating"

sounds like you just have nothing to say so you are saying anything right now. machida has fought in the pocket against rampage and phil davis and machida lost both of those times.

for someone like rampage and phil davis, trying to stay in the pocket is extremely exhausting against someone like machida because they are more tense and expend more energy trying to avoid punch and throw them at the same time so they have to reset after throwing flurries and attempt to get in again at another time, which is exhausting

for someone as talented as chris, who is relaxed, it poses huge problem for machida because he can stay in the pocket however long he likes because he is composed enough to do so

brainwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:55 AM   #220
Deleroux

Green Belt
 
Deleroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
people get in punching range with machida all the time
That generally happens when Machida is countering them in the face.

__________________
Tsuki to keri wa Karate to yo no waza
Myo wa Kyojitsu no kan ni ari
Gojo no Oshie michi Hitosuji ni wa
Hage mu Onoko iki no kokoro
Deleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"