Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #61
plekz

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeexX View Post
Well, he arguably beat the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Should count for something, right? No? Alright.

You Jones fanboys are so scared of the rematch, one would think you'd look forward to it so he could finally redeem himself from literally being inches from losing. Yes, I mean literally. If that spinning elbow was a couple inches off, he'd be the challenger. I don't see how beating a 14-0 opponent should delegitimize that in any way. If anything it strenghtens his case.
If that elbow was a couple of inches further down fight would have been pretty much over.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #62
HeexX

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by plekz View Post
If that elbow was a couple of inches further down fight would have been pretty much over.
Nope. It landed as perfect as it possibly could, considering how Gus' head is positioned.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #63
Bertie Mcduffy

White Belt

strip him of that shit instantly, boot him and revoke his license
Then we can all stop caring about that ma'***ga

DC vs GUS for the title!

Bertie Mcduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #64
marcusnz80

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAbove View Post
15-0 isn't "far better" than 16-2.

I meant in terms of the quality of opponents he has defeated.

marcusnz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #65
grimballer

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseren View Post
We already have a paper champ:

Gus was seconds from being finished. Most reasonable fans think jones won, most media sites had jones as winner, stat wise jones won. Only few of you dorks here act like somehow Gus won cause he didnt get totally dominated like everybody else. He still lost n should work his way up to the title again, like everybody else.

How about he beats Davis? You know the guy who put him to sleep?

grimballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #66
grimballer

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeexX View Post
Well, he arguably beat the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Should count for something, right? No? Alright.

You Jones fanboys are so scared of the rematch, one would think you'd look forward to it so he could finally redeem himself from literally being inches from losing. Yes, I mean literally. If that spinning elbow was a couple inches off, he'd be the challenger. I don't see how beating a 14-0 opponent should delegitimize that in any way. If anything it strenghtens his case.
Redeem himself for what? He was never in any sort of danger. If anybody was inches from defeat it was Gus when he looked drunk last 2 rounds. Jones clearly won the fight, most reasonable fans/media sites score the fight for jones.

So come back to reality, n let someone else have his ts while Gus works his way up.

I rather see the winner of rumble/lil nog get next shot

grimballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #67
HeexX

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimballer View Post
Redeem himself for what? He was never in any sort of danger. If anybody was inches from defeat it was Gus when he looked drunk last 2 rounds. Jones clearly won the fight, most reasonable fans/media sites score the fight for jones.

So come back to reality, n let someone else have his ts while Gus works his way up.

I rather see the winner of rumble/lil nog get next shot
He was never in any sort of danger? He was literally inches from losing, his face turned into mush and he could barely walk after the fight. I don't think you know what 'danger' means.

Yeah, do you know why you'd rather see Rumble/Lil Nog get the next shot? Because you don't want to see your boy Jones lose, it's really quite simple.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #68
DrewGZA

Green Belt

vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimballer View Post
Redeem himself for what? He was never in any sort of danger. If anybody was inches from defeat it was Gus when he looked drunk last 2 rounds.
They were about to stop the fight between rounds because of some injury Jones had, I think a cut, but Jones begged them to continue. If you watched any behind the scenes video you should know this, even the one straight up on TV not just like Dana's vlog.

Favs.: Lawler, McGregor, Velasquez, Werdum, Machida, Pettis, MacDonald, Dodson, Fedor
DrewGZA is offline   Reply With Quote