Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #61
plekz

Purple Belt
 
plekz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeexX View Post
Well, he arguably beat the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Should count for something, right? No? Alright.

You Jones fanboys are so scared of the rematch, one would think you'd look forward to it so he could finally redeem himself from literally being inches from losing. Yes, I mean literally. If that spinning elbow was a couple inches off, he'd be the challenger. I don't see how beating a 14-0 opponent should delegitimize that in any way. If anything it strenghtens his case.
If that elbow was a couple of inches further down fight would have been pretty much over.

__________________
"I'm not an attention whore, if you say, you know. Sorry for the language. I have a hard time talking English without cursing. I learned English from rap songs, so, it's kind of hard." -
plekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #62
HeexX

Black Belt
 
HeexX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The snowy plains on which the Mauler roams
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plekz View Post
If that elbow was a couple of inches further down fight would have been pretty much over.
Nope. It landed as perfect as it possibly could, considering how Gus' head is positioned.


__________________
The Mauler is taking the belt of gold to the North.
HeexX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #63
Bertie Mcduffy

White Belt
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
strip him of that shit instantly, boot him and revoke his license
Then we can all stop caring about that ma'***ga

DC vs GUS for the title!

Bertie Mcduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #64
marcusnz80

Purple Belt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAbove View Post
15-0 isn't "far better" than 16-2.

.
I meant in terms of the quality of opponents he has defeated.

marcusnz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #65
grimballer

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseren View Post
We already have a paper champ:











Gus was seconds from being finished. Most reasonable fans think jones won, most media sites had jones as winner, stat wise jones won. Only few of you dorks here act like somehow Gus won cause he didnt get totally dominated like everybody else. He still lost n should work his way up to the title again, like everybody else.

How about he beats Davis? You know the guy who put him to sleep?

grimballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #66
grimballer

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeexX View Post
Well, he arguably beat the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Should count for something, right? No? Alright.

You Jones fanboys are so scared of the rematch, one would think you'd look forward to it so he could finally redeem himself from literally being inches from losing. Yes, I mean literally. If that spinning elbow was a couple inches off, he'd be the challenger. I don't see how beating a 14-0 opponent should delegitimize that in any way. If anything it strenghtens his case.
Redeem himself for what? He was never in any sort of danger. If anybody was inches from defeat it was Gus when he looked drunk last 2 rounds. Jones clearly won the fight, most reasonable fans/media sites score the fight for jones.

So come back to reality, n let someone else have his ts while Gus works his way up.

I rather see the winner of rumble/lil nog get next shot

grimballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #67
HeexX

Black Belt
 
HeexX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The snowy plains on which the Mauler roams
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimballer View Post
Redeem himself for what? He was never in any sort of danger. If anybody was inches from defeat it was Gus when he looked drunk last 2 rounds. Jones clearly won the fight, most reasonable fans/media sites score the fight for jones.

So come back to reality, n let someone else have his ts while Gus works his way up.

I rather see the winner of rumble/lil nog get next shot
He was never in any sort of danger? He was literally inches from losing, his face turned into mush and he could barely walk after the fight. I don't think you know what 'danger' means.

Yeah, do you know why you'd rather see Rumble/Lil Nog get the next shot? Because you don't want to see your boy Jones lose, it's really quite simple.

__________________
The Mauler is taking the belt of gold to the North.
HeexX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #68
DrewGZA

Green Belt
 
DrewGZA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fl, USA
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimballer View Post
Redeem himself for what? He was never in any sort of danger. If anybody was inches from defeat it was Gus when he looked drunk last 2 rounds.
They were about to stop the fight between rounds because of some injury Jones had, I think a cut, but Jones begged them to continue. If you watched any behind the scenes video you should know this, even the one straight up on TV not just like Dana's vlog.

__________________
I think upkicking & defending takedown attempts with knees to 'grounded' opponents should be legal.

Favs.: Lawler, McGregor, Velasquez, Werdum, Machida, Pettis, MacDonald, Dodson, Fedor
DrewGZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"