Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
notablackbelt

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Cuts from 165. I agree with some of the posters, worse possible thing was to have to wait 4 weeks to fight and maintain that type of weight. I doubt you'll see an explosive version of her.

Whoever fights last from the first round is always screwed. They end up taking the 2nd fight on 7-10 days rest. Last season that happened to Jimmy Quinlan and Hester. Quinlan takes about 40 elbows to the head and then fights again in 7-10 days. Yet, had it been a normal fight, would have had a 4 week medical suspension or similar. Fighting the 1st-2nd fight is crucial to winning the show IMO.

notablackbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #42
FrankieNYC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by notablackbelt View Post

Whoever fights last from the first round is always screwed. They end up taking the 2nd fight on 7-10 days rest. Last season that happened to Jimmy Quinlan and Hester. Quinlan takes about 40 elbows to the head and then fights again in 7-10 days. Yet, had it been a normal fight, would have had a 4 week medical suspension or similar. Fighting the 1st-2nd fight is crucial to winning the show IMO.

That is a really great point that gets forgotten
Great post

-

-
FrankieNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #43
LS1Rx7

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
I met her after the show, she had a black eye. Other than that she was huge. We were at a Jiu Jitsu tourney and I was watching 15xlb women weigh in and they looked 2-3 weight classes smaller than her.

I actually didn't think anything of it because she's always been tall and big, just that she looked way more jacked than I had ever seen. It wasn't untill my teammate who competes at about 135 said something that I thought holy crap she's like twice his size and she competes at his weight.

Legit I'm about 195 lbs and from looking at her, I think she'd be difficult to grapple with.

LS1Rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by iThrillhouse View Post
They showed sarah and peggy getting into the cage wearing their team colors,

they did not show Bollinger or Cody, guys who have been referred to in many fighter blogs as the guys who struggled with weight the most
Fucking Bollinger.

At least the producers have been honest this whole time, dude been scarving down food every episode.

I survived "TPF 10 - Let the Streams Fail".
Arkain2K is online now   Reply With Quote