Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #61
Contempt
black belt in couch-fu

vCash: 500
Meisha wants to talk about fighting for breadcrumbs and for the love of the sport etc... She's talking about an olympic medal winning Judoka which means Ronda trained all her life and fought for fucking free.

So she's getting to cash in on her lifetime of hard work; Boo fucking hoo. Ronda has earned everything she has. Meisha is just pissed that Ronda is better than her and she knows it.

Contempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #62
DysDave

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contempt View Post
Meisha wants to talk about fighting for breadcrumbs and for the love of the sport etc... She's talking about an olympic medal winning Judoka which means Ronda trained all her life and fought for fucking free.

So she's getting to cash in on her lifetime of hard work; Boo fucking hoo. Ronda has earned everything she has. Meisha is just pissed that Ronda is better than her and she knows it.
Glad you mentioned that, being an Olympian is probably one of the toughest and unrewarding sports out there, unless you go beyond the sport (like Phelps, Bolt etc). Even gold medallists are barely making what a normal job does (in fact, with all their expenses, they probably make substantially less). Ronda has MORE than paid her dues.

Interestingly, on that note, how many male professionals bitched about Lesnar? I don't remember that many, I know some said they'd put him in his place, and that he was going to get what's coming to him, but any upcomer gets that treatment anyway. I certainly don't think a single person resented him being fast-tracked, because they recognized what he brought to the company, and by association- them. Tate and the rest of WMMA should seriously appreciate Rousey bringing WMMA into the limelight, because whatever anyone says- she's the one who's done it. Not Dana. She forced his hand by being that much damn better than everyone else.

DysDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #63
Contempt
black belt in couch-fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DysDave View Post
Glad you mentioned that, being an Olympian is probably one of the toughest and unrewarding sports out there, unless you go beyond the sport (like Phelps, Bolt etc). Even gold medallists are barely making what a normal job does (in fact, with all their expenses, they probably make substantially less). Ronda has MORE than paid her dues.

Interestingly, on that note, how many male professionals bitched about Lesnar? I don't remember that many, I know some said they'd put him in his place, and that he was going to get what's coming to him, but any upcomer gets that treatment anyway. I certainly don't think a single person resented him being fast-tracked, because they recognized what he brought to the company, and by association- them. Tate and the rest of WMMA should seriously appreciate Rousey bringing WMMA into the limelight, because whatever anyone says- she's the one who's done it. Not Dana. She forced his hand by being that much damn better than everyone else.
The only ones I remember talking shit about it were Herring and Mir who coincidentally both got the crap kicked out of them by Brock. Moral of the story? probably not a bright idea to taunt a 290lb monster you are about to get into the cage with...

Contempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #64
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 50
Taunting an armbaring monster is even more dangerous.

Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #65
Emjay
... this is bad comedy

So a woman is jealous of another woman

News... to... me

Problem isnt "weak cards". Problem is the sense of entitlement to always be delivered the greatest thing ever all the time
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #66
JoeHoganKush
Banned

Pulling for Tate

JoeHoganKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #67
MDoza

Brown Belt

The UFC only has WMMA because Ronda Rousey has the Olympic credentials. Simple as that.

MDoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #68
Arkain2K

Courtesy of Kimble:

Old 12-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #69
Junglist

Green Belt

everyone deserves respect and props to compete at this level new or old school.

Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #70
Arkain2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN PARTRIDGE View Post
tate has won the masses over
May be they will help her get that Carano fight she wants so bad. You know, purely for the justice of the BW division that is.

I survived "TPF 10 - Let the Streams Fail".