Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #21
Drogon

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringPrideBack View Post
Not really. Not everyone has to be involved for that to happen. Could be that only 3 or 4 people know.
I mean maybe the altercation wasn't staged, but it's not like those 2 were furiously beating the shit out of each other like it was a real fight. They were obviously coasting until it was broken up. It's just so obviously to create buzz for the press and a failing show with awful ratings. It just seems so uncharacteristic of Dida to do that shit, man.
that's true, you could do it with only a few people. Didn't think of that. I'm choosing to believe wand is dumb and wanted to be all alpha, and forced chael's hand without either of them really wanting to get into a ferocious brawl.

It could've been staged though.

Drogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #22
nick1990

Green Belt

Has anyone come out with a statement about it?

nick1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #23
Goatenstein

LOL at the desperate TUF noobs denying the fakeness.

Goatenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #24
willthechill

Brown Belt

These guys actually fucking hate each other. This season of the Ultimate Fighter will be the best fucking season you've ever fucking watched. 6 doors will be broken and 1 guys from this season will be in the fucking UFC by 2015 so tune in to fucking see how much these guys hate each other. Fuck the fans. Buy UFC Fight Pass or go fuck yourself you cheap baby. I'll talk to you guys later. It's snowing at my house in Nevada because I fucking made it snow. Fighters are paid more than they deserve.

Gegard Mousasi
Paulo Thiago
Charles Oliveira
Jose Aldo
John Makdessi
willthechill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #25
Herbie Verstank

White Belt

TUF Director: Chael, Wanderlei, here's the script, feel free to improvise a little, and if we don't like your improv work we edit it out. Since this is a show about fighting, try to include some of that. OK? Great.

Chael: Can I get some TRT before we start shooting this scene?

Silva: What about my 15 pieces of flair?

Herbie Verstank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #26
beastman

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBJJGuy View Post

I guess breaking UFC code of conduct only applies when youre not desperate for TV ratings. Neither WAND or Sonnen will be cut.

I bet some zuffa lovers will tell me I'm wrong and it's ok for the double standard in UFC's policy.
Thing is the UFC is desperate for ratings/fight pass numbers. The "fight" generated interest in the season. I don't think there has been much interest in any of the TUF nations. DW knows he can sell a fight between Wandy and Sonnen, I'm sure he is pissed that Wandy isn't signing the bout agreement.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #27
nick1990

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastman View Post
Thing is the UFC is desperate for ratings/fight pass numbers. The "fight" generated interest in the season. I don't think there has been much interest in any of the TUF nations. DW knows he can sell a fight between Wandy and Sonnen, I'm sure he is pissed that Wandy isn't signing the bout agreement.
Wait, Wand hasnt signed to fight?

nick1990 is offline   Reply With Quote