Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #71
nostradumbass

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoAbsolutes View Post
Well I would question your grappling experience then, because the likelihood of someone without BJJ training preventing a rudimentary BB from taking their back and sinking a RNC is a loooooonnng shot.
Arguing about whether the Rock could beat up Joe Rogan really makes me think I made a wrong turn somewhere in life but since we've started, fuck it. Didn't we say the rock would have 6 months to train? I'm 6'4 and 185 lbs so basically the size difference would about like me vs. an 8 year old with the lung capacity of a heavy pot smoker. The kid wouldn't get me down, couldn't get wrist control, every strike would rattle his brain(remember it's not a grappling match), and I could slam my way out of triangles or armbars.

Another example is Bob Sapp vs Nog. Nog was in his prime and a world champion and took a horrific beating before landing a sub. Do you really think a guy in his late 40s with 2 knee replacements and 0 MMA experience would fight through that kind of beating?

nostradumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #72
bbbdvan81

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
This is what I was going to post. Kimbo lost but the size difference wasn't as great and Gracie couldn't continue. Gracie won by gassing out Kimbo.
And grabbing a hold of Kimo's hair and holding on for dear life. It worked but Gracie got his ass beat pretty bad too.

As far as who wins, who knows. I would lean to the Rock via his strength and size, but Rogan would more than hold his won (if not win out right).

I cant recall any real grappling experience with the Rock, nor do I recall any stories of him being one of the legit tough guys in wrestling. To compare, someone like Jack Swagger IMHO would crush Rogan. Grappling, size, speed, reach, strength all favor Swagger as well as Swagger being a former NCAA wrestler (a good one to boot).