Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #51
chinarice

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
There is no version of Anderson Silva that wouldn't have a hard time with this Weidman. Say what you want about primes, current-day Chris Weidman would still be a nightmare for the Anderson Silva that destroyed Rich Franklin.

I'll let you in on a secret, Chris is a lot better than Rich Franklin.

FW: Aldo
LW: Pettis
WW: Hendricks
MW: Weidman
LHW: Jones
HW: Velasquez
chinarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #52
kingkshon73

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr XIII View Post
Hendos take downs suck honestly, and Weidman would beat Hendo at any point in hendos career TRT or not.

Just face it bro, Silva isnt as good and never was as good as the UFC made him out to be. Hes one of the top 5 of all time, maybe top 3, but hes not the GOAT never was never will be. Hes an amazing fight that has ALWAYS had a grappling weakness. Chael exposed him and Chael is a one dimensional grappler, you know exactly what hes going to do you just have to stop it. Im a HUGE Chael nuthugger and I think Bisping beat him. Chael showed what you have to do, and Weidman is SUPER Chael.

You can say whatever you want, but by your own logic theres about 1 or 2 years at some point in Silvas career where he was good enough to beat Weidman. You want a specific age, with a specific skill set. In his physical prime his TDD and Grappling sucked, in his skill prime he doesnt have the chin. You want to give and take so much, just admit it, hes not the better fighter.

You Silva fans are so weird
Since i like weidman more then silva idk how i cant admit hes better all i said is silva is past his prime which he is and has been since ufc 153 where you clearly saw his decline. My fav fight dose not even include silva i dont really like him. I am just stating facts.

kingkshon73 is offline   Reply With Quote