Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:26 AM   #41
JayElectra
Paper Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3yo View Post
Well so far that seems to be the only thing you are talking about, because by "top level boxer" you are talking about a handful of PPV attractions and the income generated from the biggest fights.

Show me the the boxing cards not on PPV, featuring fighters that made 70% of the revenue. If we are in fact still talking about the entire landscape of the sport, and not just the top 2% of boxers,
We're talking about the landscape of championship level boxing and championship level MMA. We're not talking about guys making 300/300 on the undercard in some random Native Reservation. The UFC is generally the pinnacle of MMA. I'm comparing it to the top levels of boxing (let's say fights that impact the rankings of the big 4 sanctioning bodies in any given division). I can give you a list of fighters that aren't PPV fighters that have made over $500 000 in disclosed purse lately

Rigondeaux
Donaire
Arce
Danny Garcia
Matthysse
Judah
Malignaggi
Magee
Kessler
Froch
Groves
Khan
Bute
Pascal
Stevenson
Ward
Rodriguez
Mikey Garcia
Fury
Huck
Gamboa
Berto
Hopkins
Trout
Lara
Angulo
Golovkin
Martinez
Quillin
Broner
Maidana
Rios
Alvarado
JCC Jr.
Vera

and I'm bored looking stuff and listing so I'll leave it there. None of these fighters rely on PPV for the bulk of their money, though some might become PPV attractions.

-Diogenes
JayElectra is offline   Reply With Quote