Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #161
Hugo Drax

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinBJJ View Post
Watching grown men pretend they're fighting isn't great value.
So the diva fights are real?

Hugo Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #162
Hugo Drax

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senzo Tanaka View Post
I disagree.

The problem with wrestling and one of the main problems I stopped following it years ago is the guys you want to be on top or want to win are plagued by politics and get embarrassed on TV.

With UFC, there aren't as many politics. If you keep winning, you are going to get a title shot no matter how boring you are.

A guy like Cain Velasquez would never be a star in WWE but in UFC, he's one of the scariest guys in the sport. That's the difference.
Chael got title shots because he could recite Billy Graham promos.

Cain's not a draw nor a star in the UFC.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #163
Hugo Drax

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaimasker View Post
What a load of crap, at WM 28 one of my favorite wrestlers who was a world champion at the time, Daniel bryan lost in 18 fucking seconds. The main reason I bought the PPV too. Not to mention tons of other guys like ziggler,sandow,bray wyattetc who was near the top and I invested in and suddenly insignificant
That's true, actually. WWE loves to build guys up and then tear them down to see how they handle it. Sandow was fucking money and now he's a damn comedy act.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #164
MGLucas

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
MMA is a legitimate sport so naturally the results are not conducive to long term planning. WWE is predetermined 'entertainment' so naturally writers have the prerogative to plan out elaborate stories. The word 'value' is highly subjective in this context as the two entities have completely different business models.

Besides all I've heard about WWE for the last 7-8 years is that it's PG-rated shit that nobody finds interesting or entertaining. If WWE is such a great value then why does the UFC consistently slaughter them in PPV sales?

MGLucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #165
Hugo Drax

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGLucas View Post

Besides all I've heard about WWE for the last 7-8 years is that it's PG-rated shit that nobody finds interesting or entertaining.
Raw constantly gets 4 million viewers every week, man. UFC would kill for those kind of ratings.