Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #71
fmlannes

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlitos1988 View Post
I ask this because some sherdogers claim that both are above 170lb in fight day.

I ask this because I cant respect someone that weights below 150lb even if its the best pound for pound so thats why I dont watch LW and under weight classes fights, but with this shocking news about their normal weight maybe I will start to watch them.
Why do people restrict themselves for no reason other than to fuck with themselves? Lol prime example right here. So u dont watch lw and under because u dont respect them? Lmao

Old 03-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #72
Charlitos1988

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Keys View Post
Its a shame that such massively talented fighters like Aldo and Barao feel the need to cut that much weight to compete in the low divisions. Both could move up a division(probably 2 in Barao's case) and be competitive with much better fighters. But they choose to prey on some of the smallest, weakest divisions in UFC(next to Flyweight).
Welter Aldo and Barao would be really interesting, imagine one of them vs blonde Koscheck?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #73
Charlitos1988

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmlannes View Post
Why do people restrict themselves for no reason other than to fuck with themselves? Lol prime example right here. So u dont watch lw and under because u dont respect them? Lmao
as sherdogers corrected me, the right phrase should be "because I dont consider they
(LW and under) have an intimidating body type".

Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #74
BigMuffler

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Keys View Post
Its a shame that such massively talented fighters like Aldo and Barao feel the need to cut that much weight to compete in the low divisions. Both could move up a division(probably 2 in Barao's case) and be competitive with much better fighters. But they choose to prey on some of the smallest, weakest divisions in UFC(next to Flyweight).
But dude, lots of less talented fighters cut like that too. There are girls who cut 20 lbs. Guys like Hendricks and Alves cut 30 lbs.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #75
ricardomd

White Belt

I'm from Natal and met one of Barao's training partners...

Who happens to be the mma coach at the gym where I work out, at Natal (city of the UFN Shogun vs Hendo 2).

He told me personally that Barao had trained with him that day (2 days ago) and weighted 78kg (171.6 pounds). By the way, I met Jussier Formiga there too, who seemed a very nice guy.

ricardomd is offline   Reply With Quote