Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #131
TheStrikingGuy

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniswhiz View Post
Actually, you CAN do it, and yes, it is insulting to him and humiliating to his opponents.

Jack Slack is telling you that these MMA fighters don't know anything about technique, the winner got lucky, and the loser didn't know what he was doing thus giving the winner the fight.

I agree with you that Slack gets too much respect on these forums, usually from snob fans.
You could always write an analysis of your own?

It would be a nice change from lying about things that you like to pretend I've said.

TheStrikingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #132
Rozwell

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrikingGuy View Post

It would be a nice change from lying about things that you like to pretend I've said.
Why would he do that? It's much easier to crap all over the work of others rather than attempt to do it yourself.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #133
thewhiteSRR

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrikingGuy View Post

Lol, don't get sucked into the mire. Haters gonna hate etc

thewhiteSRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:28 AM   #134
BigBear94

Blue Belt

I disagree that he's taken a step back. He's discovering he possesses brutal KO power and is experimenting with it; his next step determines if he has regressed or not. Does he fall in love with his hands and forget the grappling that got him to where he is? In that case yes he has taken a step backwards. If he learns to use his grappling to set up big shots and vice versa then no.

BigBear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #135
TehFlame

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Too much haterade on The Dong by Jack Slack. Hathaway wasn't a gimme fight

TehFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:37 AM   #136
Pancake Sprawl
WAR IGOR!!!11

great read

Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 AM   #137
St0neHand5

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear94 View Post
I disagree that he's taken a step back. He's discovering he possesses brutal KO power and is experimenting with it; his next step determines if he has regressed or not. Does he fall in love with his hands and forget the grappling that got him to where he is? In that case yes he has taken a step backwards. If he learns to use his grappling to set up big shots and vice versa then no.
He used to ko people all the time back in Deep. He's just starting to fight like how he used to in the UFC.

St0neHand5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:22 AM   #138
kphizzle

Green Belt

Stun gun is starting to show a lot of potential he still has some fine tuning to do but u can't deny his progress I wouldn't give him a title shot yet but like I mentioned in another thread there is a swarm of fighters a fight or two away from a title shot I would include him in a match up with a few to see how he does maybe the shields Lombard winner or even jake the juggernaut

Old 03-08-2014, 04:38 AM   #139
xP

Black Belt

vCash: 2951
He's right though.

Kim has said he's fighting like this to get more fans and hype for a title shot/bigger fights and that has worked out pretty good for him. I assume he would be much less reckless against a tougher opponent which he'll probably get soon.

The old limp Dong is more likely to win against a top fighter than he would if he uses his past two gameplans. If he tries that against quite a few guys in the UFC WW division it would end badly.