Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #131
KaneThePhoenix

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonclaw View Post
Let's take the next card for example..

Rousey vs. McMann as the headliner.
Evans vs. Courmier
MacDonald vs. Maia

Are you serious? I'd really be surprised if they cracked even 100,000 buys with this card. Nothing against the fighters, but they aren't big name stars that pull in the dollar, dollar, bills.

I'm almost positive the UFC will be taking a pretty big hit with this one. They can only take so many more..
I view the problem as Dana and company not entirely being aware of what even makes a fighter that can draw crowds or PPV. Case in point the "No women in MMA" in my lifetime line he was throwing out until he seen Rousey fight.

Or the CONSTANT firings because of losses. After many years watching I understand how the sport works but firing fighters that could perhaps be a draw in the future if you only took the time to build them up properly is a mistake in my opinion.

Yes the UFC is the "Big Time" so to speak and only the very best fight there but NO ONE goes any amount of time without incurring a loss on their record. History proves this with Silva. I believe that Dana, Joe Silva and the Fertitta's NEED to create NEW PPV or TV worthy caliber fighters by working on retaining them instead of these bullshit firings like the case with Okami (NOT Fitch.)

You can see their reasoning by keeping Benson Henderson away from PPV's and prominently featuring him on the televised FOX cards. But they absolutely NEED fighters that are draws especially on TV or I can see the FOX ratings numbers dwindling in the future.

KaneThePhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #132
accolyte1022
Paid Zuffa Poster

vCash: 182
TS was getting too close to the truth....

The MAN wastelanded this gem of a thread.

Keep fighting the good fight dragonballs.

-grimballer

"I think the season has been a huge success for us,"

-76ers owner Josh Harris (19-wins 63-losses)
accolyte1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #133
PoundForPound

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00kie View Post
Well......... TS hasn't replied since page 3, yet posters are still trying to prove they're smarter than him onward to 6 pages
Some people did get trolled. Like someone mentioned, I prefer the funny trolls..or at least give us some bro - science!

PoundForPound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #134
KarateKickbox22

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundForPound View Post
Some people did get trolled. Like someone mentioned, I prefer the funny trolls..or at least give us some bro - science!
Or at least give us some fancy looking diagrams to look at. Throw a pie chart in there or something. Just go all out if you're gonna troll please take the time to go over the top with it.

July 4: Drunk off my ass in Vegas. July 5: Watching Lyoto beat The Chris LIVE in Vegas!

Andy Whitfield was the only TRUE Spartacus.

1. Lyoto
2. Pettis/Condit
KarateKickbox22 is offline   Reply With Quote