Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
Ajuvix

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Condit is on the lean side physicality wise, I think this is what gives him the edge standing and the pressure he never relents with. Its also his weakness against the elite wrestlers, but he has all the tools to pull off a win with GSP or Hendricks. On a side note, how about that moment when he cut Kampmann and Kampmann's expression on his face changed instantly. Condit didn't go crazy, but he turned it up and put a hurting on him. Awesome fight.

Ajuvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #22
Kirk601

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by used2wrestle View Post
You guys don't realize that it doesn't matter how many rounds he has cardio for if he keeps getting taken and held down.
So you think the Hendricks fight wouldve ended up the same had it gone over three? False

Kirk601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #23
Break Brick

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by used2wrestle View Post
You guys don't realize that it doesn't matter how many rounds he has cardio for if he keeps getting taken and held down.
Well it does matter in that the more tired his opponent is, the more difficult and unlikely it is that they will be able to take him down.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
DanielMMElkin

Green Belt

carlos can beat hendricks man, but no one can beat gsp

Old 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
WouldYouKindly

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo843 View Post
I believe Carlos can beat Johnny in a 5 round rematch.
Aside from GSP, i don't see many people beating Carlos in a 5 rounder.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
theMarshal

Yellow Belt

Condit beat Hendricks.

true story, WATCH THE FIGHT.

hendricks comes aggressive, condit dodges most, withstands the rest, hurts him with strikes of his own. hendricks takes condit down and doesnt DARE fight on the ground, he gets up and keeps the fight standing.(1st min)

hendricks keeps being aggressive while condit dodges even more as hendricks starts to gas since the middle of the 1st round(true story). hendricks starts losing the standup badly, gets the fight to the ground, gets swept, condit gets his back.

fortunately for hendricks, he gets back up before the bell.

round 2 is a slightly gassed hendricks losing the striking exchange, taking condit down, condit beating hendricks up from the bottom, hendricks posing no offense, and condit getting back up.

round 3 is all condit, hendricks looks completely gassed, all he can do is charge for a takedown to stop getting beat up and then hanging on for dear life against sweeps/subs/strikes.

there is no way hendricks won that. hendricks lost on the standup AND ON THE GROUND. the fact that judges are uneducated and think the bottom guy is always losing is irrelevant. hendricks got beat up. if the fight had hendricks CONSTANTLY on top as its rules, hendricks would STILL get beat up. thats just how much condit outclassed him ont he ground. it looked like a blue belt against a 3-stripe brown belt, it was silly.

yes, i know, "grappling is efficient too". i LOVE grappling, i recently started competing in bjj(not a badass, but for fun) but condit even looked so calm and relaxed while pWning hendricks ON THE GROUND. sweeps, sub attempts, back control before hendricks got completely gassed. this was stupid. hendricks looked completely outclassed. he was so threatened that he couldnt even risk attempting a strike usualy.let alone doing any damage. even GSP stands up to strike and/or use elbows goddammit. hendricks didnt, because he COULDNT. because HE WAS LOSING ON THE GROUND as if condit was some bjj ace that had pulled guard.

improve scoring, THEN see who wins.

Last edited by theMarshal; 08-29-2013 at 02:41 PM.
theMarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:32 AM   #27
BigSwingin**
Banned

TS gets it
Gotta just be honest sometimes right?

BigSwingin** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #28
georgwilhelm**
Banned

TS, I tend to agree. I'm a huge Condit fan but that Kampman had his way with him so easily in the first round worries me because this division is stacked with excellent wrestlers. I don't wanna see this megatalent lose on stupid scoring all the time.

georgwilhelm** is offline   Reply With Quote