Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #21
BROKENSPROKET
Nightmare on Main Street

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicsonic View Post
nothing gets me more pumped up for fights than that intro, shame they got rid of it, i cant even remember how the current one goes it's that bland..
FOX changed it for FOX broadcasts, but isn't the PPV intro's the same?

BROKENSPROKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #22
Reaperman

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Pride introductions were the best by far. Watching gladiator dudes rise out of the floor with those drums in the background gave me chills. I am not into the shitty, obnoxious music the UFC plays during their intros, and wish they would steal the Pride intros......

Reaperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #23
SenorGuillen

Green Belt

I cannot wait til Zuffa adds Rousey's KO judo slam on Davis after Silva front kicks Belfort onto their intro. I will crap in my pants if that does happen.

I miss the days when we actually get wild west music as Goldie hypes up the fights. You know where he says "Coming up next, fighter A takes on fighter B" while southern music is playing in the background. A lot of my friends thought it was some hillbilly fights after some rodeo or monster truck show.

SenorGuillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
TStoner

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenoxSky View Post
Is this "gladiator" vs "UFC moments collage"?
Because if it is, the one we have now is way better.
This

TStoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #25
cajodmente

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank23 View Post
man what an Intro..!! I liked the Gladiator one more. even my friends do. It's more adreanline pumped. I think the new one fits more to UFC becoming more of an approved sport, but man the Gladiator one was insane, wwhen the intro one starts its like ... just insane man.. instant adreanline pump... everybody goes nuts.. its crazy man!!...

I loved the old intros , I love the old shows.! I miss Frank Mir's fights so much.. I heard he has many injuries now that don't let him compete the way he used to.. but man what a card was that.. UFC 100.. and Thiago flying knee in the intro and falling on his head from the jump!! man :o :o !!! insane!!!

cajodmente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #26
goodfella69
Sherdog's White Knight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikuracana View Post
They really couldn't come up with something creative that was 100x better? THAT is fkn embarrassing..

Old intro was bush league up against Pride shows.. Do you think it got better when they couldn't do better over 10 fkn years? Old intro sucked and was for white trash. When I watched with people I was introducing to the sport it embarrassed me.
lol same here. I'm such a clean straight-edge guy, and I always felt like people looked at me like some Monster-Truck shitbag. I hated that dogshit music... screaming metal "FEEL THE PAIN" shit that dana brought to the brand with his metal shirts.

and the old UFC intro was very fuckin boring.... sure, now it brings the nostalgia, but it sucked.

people will shit on PRIDE because it was "too WWE" with its elaborate and artsy intro videos. but I defy anybody to watch every PRIDE event chronologically and then not jizz himself when he sees that PRIDE GP 2006 Final Conflict video with that awesome opera music.

and the PRIDE music itself and their "parade of fighters" was always fuckin SPECTACULAR. every event felt like the Kumite. the UFC has never captured that.

the best thing the UFC has done is its Baba O'riley video. if you've been to a live event, you probably still have goosebumps and know it's the greatest thing ever. the crowd is ready to explode. that might be better than anything PRIDE has done (definitely because of that song... such a killer song). If the UFC can somehow budget its time to have that video at the start of every PPV (no worries about music rights for PPV), it would definitely become a greater product.

I know the UFC is LIVE on ppv, which PRIDE wasn't... and that makes a big difference in timing (PRIDE would just show every single fight and maybe some bullshit). also, the UFC has its ads/sponsors to oblige... there's always some new shitty movie that the 18-34 douchebags need to see (i'm in that age group). you know the type...they sell it with Eminem singing about how he's not afraid and everybody needs to throw their fuckin hands up in the air. it's not practical, but if I was in charge of the UFC, I would make a point of showing that Baba O'riley video.

production counts, whether you wanna admit it or not. sure, the UFC will never have a long stage or pyro or snow falling on fedor, but the Baba O'rile vid would help.

"Jefferson, the man's won more Superbowls than I've had good days..."
~ Al Bundy, speaking about Terry Bradshaw
goodfella69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #27
ALAN PARTRIDGE

vCash: 262
well it's retro

Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #28
Akuma198488

Yellow Belt

Akuma198488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #29
Redannihilation

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella69 View Post
lol same here. I'm such a clean straight-edge guy, and I always felt like people looked at me like some Monster-Truck shitbag. I hated that dogshit music... screaming metal "FEEL THE PAIN" shit that dana brought to the brand with his metal shirts.

and the old UFC intro was very fuckin boring.... sure, now it brings the nostalgia, but it sucked.

people will shit on PRIDE because it was "too WWE" with its elaborate and artsy intro videos. but I defy anybody to watch every PRIDE event chronologically and then not jizz himself when he sees that PRIDE GP 2006 Final Conflict video with that awesome opera music.

and the PRIDE music itself and their "parade of fighters" was always fuckin SPECTACULAR. every event felt like the Kumite. the UFC has never captured that.

the best thing the UFC has done is its Baba O'riley video. if you've been to a live event, you probably still have goosebumps and know it's the greatest thing ever. the crowd is ready to explode. that might be better than anything PRIDE has done (definitely because of that song... such a killer song). If the UFC can somehow budget its time to have that video at the start of every PPV (no worries about music rights for PPV), it would definitely become a greater product.

I know the UFC is LIVE on ppv, which PRIDE wasn't... and that makes a big difference in timing (PRIDE would just show every single fight and maybe some bullshit). also, the UFC has its ads/sponsors to oblige... there's always some new shitty movie that the 18-34 douchebags need to see (i'm in that age group). you know the type...they sell it with Eminem singing about how he's not afraid and everybody needs to throw their fuckin hands up in the air. it's not practical, but if I was in charge of the UFC, I would make a point of showing that Baba O'riley video.

production counts, whether you wanna admit it or not. sure, the UFC will never have a long stage or pyro or snow falling on fedor, but the Baba O'rile vid would help.
*Nu-metal, most metal fans despise that shit that was used in the intro.

WW: MacDonald, Condit
LW: Pettis, Melendez
FW: Swanson, Edgar, Mendes
BW: Cruz, McDonald
FLW: Johnson, Dodson, McCall
Redannihilation is offline   Reply With Quote