Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #61
BigGulp
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallonFoxGOAT View Post
Just remove the HW cap, no need for a SHW stand alone division
until some 350 lb monster comes in and starts beating people with hammerfists , people will say its unfair.

there just isn't enough guys who weigh over 300lbs that could realistically compete. Even if you removed the cap, those guys probably wouldn't last 1 5 minute round without gassing.

Brock and Reem make the weight. Those guys are massive.

BigGulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #62
FallonFoxGOAT

Brown Belt

Location: Indianer, 'Merica. The greatest state in the greatest continent in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlivedglory View Post
Cain would stomp them all anyway, so why bother. All you're going to get is a bunch of fighters who aren't bothering to get in shape for their fights. They'll get winded after the first round and then stand around with their hands on their hips doing their best to give mean looks.
Shaq mauls Cain via A-level athleteness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahoosh View Post
All good athletes of that size are most likely in other sports. Cain could just go up there and become a two division champ with no problem.
Cain barely remains healthy enough to defend the one belt. What in Sam Hill makes you think he could possibly gain a 2nd belt without sustaining injury?

Overeem retains title of #1 P4P fighter that thoroughly kicks another fighters ass only to turn around and get KTFO.

Feed Condit to Askren.

Unofficial leader of the Eye Poke Army.
FallonFoxGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #63
jeicex

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
So, my buddy just sent me a link to this article. It's got to be a joke. I don't think Dana would say what he was quoted saying.

http://tapnapsnap.com/ufc-get-bigger...vision-coming/

For those who were wondering if the UFC’s plan on division expansion was a one way street that only led to lower weight classes, a very surprising thing was said today by UFC’s president Dana White while speaking to Brendan Schaub on his podcast. White spoke on the possibility of the UFC bringing in a Super Heavyweight division. On “The Fight and The Kid” podcast, White had this to say:

"We’re actually working on bringing in member of the American Sumo Wrestling Federation, Which I said wouldn’t happen for a long time,We are also thinking of special events where all weight classes could fight against each other, so a 125 pound guy could be fighting a 325 pound monster, that would be epic."

I don't buy it. Not one bit.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #64
Jukai

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeicex View Post
So, my buddy just sent me a link to this article. It's got to be a joke. I don't think Dana would say what he was quoted saying.

http://tapnapsnap.com/ufc-get-bigger...vision-coming/

For those who were wondering if the UFC’s plan on division expansion was a one way street that only led to lower weight classes, a very surprising thing was said today by UFC’s president Dana White while speaking to Brendan Schaub on his podcast. White spoke on the possibility of the UFC bringing in a Super Heavyweight division. On “The Fight and The Kid” podcast, White had this to say:

"We’re actually working on bringing in member of the American Sumo Wrestling Federation, Which I said wouldn’t happen for a long time,We are also thinking of special events where all weight classes could fight against each other, so a 125 pound guy could be fighting a 325 pound monster, that would be epic."

I don't buy it. Not one bit.
I just saw this too. Came on Sherdog to expect a shitstorm and nothing. This has to be fake.

http://tapnapsnap.com/ is down, I think the site got hacked.

Jukai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #65
jeicex

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukai View Post
I just saw this too. Came on Sherdog to expect a shitstorm and nothing. This has to be fake.

http://tapnapsnap.com/ is down, I think the site got hacked.
I'm not sure, it's on their twitter too. Makes me a little nervous they're pulling this far for something that's either taken way out of context (like exhibition fights at a UFC Fan Expo) or a joke.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #66
Andrew784

Yellow Belt

this is so dana's idea to get brock lesnar back.

Andrew784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #67
Jukai

Silver Belt

Quote:
I'm not sure, it's on their twitter too. Makes me a little nervous they're pulling this far for something that's either taken way out of context (like exhibition fights at a UFC Fan Expo) or a joke.
It's on twitter and facebook because probably have a 'push' functionality which pushes out their web stories to facebook and twitter.

This gets posted, and suddenly the website is down. They got hacked.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #68
jeicex

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukai View Post
It's on twitter and facebook because probably have a 'push' functionality which pushes out their web stories to facebook and twitter.

This gets posted, and suddenly the website is down. They got hacked.
Ah, I don't understand twitter so I'll take your word for it. I am relieved.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #69
Jukai

Silver Belt

Quote:
Ah, I don't understand twitter so I'll take your word for it. I am relieved.
Probably the same people who hacked Fedor's website and made it say he was joining the UFC and fighting Brock Lesnar for the first match