Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #121
Mayor

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydome View Post
Donald Cerrone is not a top 100 fighter in the world using your logic.
Probably not. Maybe. He's 6'0" tall, and if he gained weight and fought around 185, he might crack the top 100. Point is that he's close, and a better fighter than everyone in the manlet weight classes, with a potential exclusion for a beefed-up Aldo.

Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #122
the muntjac

Purple Belt

Location: The planet Scumdogia. That's way past Uranus, buddy.
This thread was way more entertaining than it should have been.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #123
Mayor

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Alpha View Post
Speaking of reading comprehension, did you comprehend the post I was referring to yet? They were pretty close together so you shouldn't have missed it.
I saw that one, but then you quoted me in your last response, where I said the point of watching UFC for me is to see who the best fighters in the world are, which is the original point of the promotion.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #124
Mayor

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella69 View Post
i'd like to see open-weight fights as much as anybody, but please don't be foolish. mma needs weight-classes; any combat sport does.

i'm glad you missed the event because it was fuckin awesome. it was technically sound and thoroughly entertaining. again, i'm glad you opted to skip the event... and then log onto sherdog at midnight (ET) to participate in discussions on this awesome event.
I didn't miss the event. I watched the women's strawweight fight (for women, a good 115'er like Gaudelia could be an elite fighter), the Tibau fight, and the main event. Good fights!

I agree that MMA needs weight classes, especially if you allow fighters who are 170 and below. College football also needs divisions, because if Alabama went up against Bard College, people would get badly hurt. Of course, that doesn't mean I have to watch Bard fucking College play football, just as I don't have to watch Joseph Benavidez fight.

The only difference is that the NCAA doesn't insist on shoving Bard College football games down my throat, whereas the UFC doesn't get it. Maybe Not-so-Mighty Mouse's shitty PPV numbers will set them straight.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #125
Jim Rome

Brown Belt

I don't find them entertaining, like watching dwarfs get mad.

Jim Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #126
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

It's the same as any other weight-class, man.
Some fights suck, most don't.

The only threads that get started, slating flyweights, are whenever MM defends his belt. Nobody really knocks the flyweight fights taking part further down the card.

Lineker/Ozkilic was wicked, Alp's got a fucking chin on him, fairplay. Hope he gets a winnable fight next, to avoid being cut.

Lineker still has little for the top guys in the division. Although, his improving wrestler might give him a good chance of beating the McCall/Pickett winner.