Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #131
Tysonesque

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
he was fake as fuck before jones being fake as fuck was cool

Tysonesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #132
CONCRETE CHALLY
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermei View Post
So you're still upset he beat the snot out of Forrest Griffin eh? Yeah, it shows. Move on bro, get on the Weidman Wagon while there's still time.
Yeah, thanks.

CONCRETE CHALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #133
Doodles

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONCRETE CHALLY View Post
4.) Has embarrassed elite fighters, outclassing them, and finishing them in highlight reel knock outs.
People seem to love Silva because he drops his hands and "embarrasses" people. This seems to catapult his standing to a different level for some reason.

They seem to forget the fact that he spends a lot of time on his back being totally controlled and unable to get back up. But this is all forgotten when the next round starts because he gets to do the dropped hands thing which fools people into thinking he's better than he is.

When he drops his hands and gets KTFOd, these same clueless fools claim it doesn't count because "He wasn't being serious".

Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #134
PrincipeAdam
Volta Minotauro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNerd View Post
Agreed on BJ.

Will, determination and ability to over come adversity instantly makes me a fan. BJ had all the tools and opportunities.. He's also a sore loser, and a sore winner. The way he acted after beating Sherk and Pulver was disgusting for a guy as talented as he is. The way he acted on TUF was shitty too.

I still believe BJ Penn is one of the greatest fighters, but at every turn he lets me down.

Also on Anderson, I'm just not a fan of extreme counter fighting also. I think it's the least exciting style of fighting(imo), but Anderson finishes.
I personally don't consider BJ one of the greatests anymore. Sure, he had tremendous talent and skill, but there's no way to overlook his lack of discipline and work ethics, that ended up hurting his record and legacy. Still love to see him fight though, love his style.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #135
zamuz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipeAdam View Post
I personally don't consider BJ one of the greatests anymore. Sure, he had tremendous talent and skill, but there's no way to overlook his lack of discipline and work ethics, that ended up hurting his record and legacy. Still love to see him fight though, love his style.
Agreed. So much talent down the drain relatively to what he could have become.

zamuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #136
WimpLo2

Purple Belt

Gsp. He's great but I always hope for him to get ktfo. Goes out of his way not to finish fights

WimpLo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #137
CONCRETE CHALLY
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
People seem to love Silva because he drops his hands and "embarrasses" people. This seems to catapult his standing to a different level for some reason.

They seem to forget the fact that he spends a lot of time on his back being totally controlled and unable to get back up. But this is all forgotten when the next round starts because he gets to do the dropped hands thing which fools people into thinking he's better than he is.

When he drops his hands and gets KTFOd, these same clueless fools claim it doesn't count because "He wasn't being serious".
Agreed.

CONCRETE CHALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #138
KoreanZawmbie

Brown Belt

I respect every fighter except....maybe Askren but the very fact he steps in the cage, I have to respect him for that.