Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #111
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm Jim View Post

Which means, Cain's stand up is 'not' equal to Werdum but better than equal, u said so yourself.
Only if the threat of the takedown is there, in a Cain vs Werdum match up it's the other way round, Cain doesn't want to go to the ground with Werdum, but Werdum does want to take Cain down and he can.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alvarez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #112
Cooliox

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikkon View Post
After Browne got back up in the first round I thought Werdum was looking tired, then Browne tried to troll Werdums kick to the body.

There is a old legend saying:
"You don't try to make a fool out of a troll, it will just make him stronger"

And that's exactly what happend, Werdum got his troll power and beat Browne really easy.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #113
DeathIsHere

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm Jim View Post
Yeah & looked what happened to him lol, from a guy that Cain outstruck twice.
Cain will finish Werdum!
Yes, because getting finished by Junior Dos Santos means you have horrible striking. Wait a second. I feel like there's something missing here... oh yeah! Here we go.

Cain got KO'd by JDS too. He had the benefit of two subsequent rematches, a benefit Werdum hasn't been afforded. You take out the two rematches and their results are the same: knockout loss. Not saying I favor Werdum against JDS (I don't) or that Werdum is a better striker than Velasquez (I think they're about even, Cain has better hands but Werdum is more diverse), but throwing out that gif of Werdum/JDS like it means something to the Velasquez fight is useless considering Cain got knocked out by him too.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #114
A Psych Major

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroinnes View Post
The funniest part of the fight was when the corner shouted "10 seconds" then Werdum shouts it to Browne and goes on the attack.
I didn't notice this but that is funny. Werdum was just having fun in there past round 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBiasJustMMA View Post
Only if the threat of the takedown is there, in a Cain vs Werdum match up it's the other way round, Cain doesn't want to go to the ground with Werdum, but Werdum does want to take Cain down and he can.

That's a cool video, thanks for sharing that. I wonder how Cormier vs Werdum would go. I would have it even. I could see Cormier's hand speed and wrestling giving Werdum problems but at the same time maybe Werdum's height advantage combined with his kicks and BJJ would carry him to victory.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #115
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Psych Major View Post
I didn't notice this but that is funny. Werdum was just having fun in there past round 1

That's a cool video, thanks for sharing that. I wonder how Cormier vs Werdum would go. I would have it even. I could see Cormier's hand speed and wrestling giving Werdum problems but at the same time maybe Werdum's height advantage combined with his kicks and BJJ would carry him to victory.
Anytime, I saw it a few days ago and it made me think Werdum's going to have a much better chance against Cain than most people think as Cormier is Cain's wrestling coach and a better wrestler with a similar style and build.

I like the video a lot too because it highlights why people like Werdum and Cormier, they are super nice guys that aren't above admitting someone got the better of them.

MW Weidman
Old 04-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #116
A Psych Major

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBiasJustMMA View Post
Anytime, I saw it a few days ago and it made me think Werdum's going to have a much better chance against Cain than most people think as Cormier is Cain's wrestling coach and a better wrestler with a similar style and build.

I like the video a lot too because it highlights why people like Werdum and Cormier, they are super nice guys that aren't above admitting someone got the better of them.
I don't put too much stock in gym stories but that is impressive on Werdum's part. And I agree, both Cormier and Werdum seem like grounded and laid back guys who just enjoy what they do and that video is no exception. I really like both and I'm hoping they can win titles in their respective divisions. Given Cormier's past at HW maybe he'd be willing to do a superfight with Werdum if both become champion.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #117
oswald1

Black Belt

The way he fought in Pride, the bitch slapping and of course the Overeem fight, I can just never like this guy. At least Cain will have a nice punching bag for 5 rounds come November

Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #118
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswald1 View Post
The way he fought in Pride, the bitch slapping and of course the Overeem fight, I can just never like this guy. At least Cain will have a nice punching bag for 5 rounds come November
You blame Werdum for the Arlovski fight? That seems strange, I remember it being Arlovski that made it boring and Werdum almost slapped his beard off, I'm surprised he didn't' get rocked.

MW Weidman