Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #91
Seoul
Bait

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by 315MMAFighter View Post
Pic of a hot asian girl would make it all better
They'll be crying too.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
But since I appreciate your baiting, here you go.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #92
ayiio

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAdict View Post
First off who midoux? Is he one of George's wrestling coaches?

Secondly, if this is legit than I wouldn't have a problem with Gsp retiring after heating Hendricks. He has accomplished so much and is the greatest WW of all time. Obviously if I could be selfish I'd want a couple more fights out of him but its his decision. Although the WW division would become very interesting if he did retire...
Middoux is GSP mentor , his first ever real coach , the dude who got GSP in MMA .

Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #93
groo

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusterX View Post
Georges must really bug you.
No but he is a blatant liar when it comes to media quotes. I don't think he writes those lies, but he does deliver them. So I don't see why people would trust anything he says that has been prepared by his publicist.

He might retire, he might not. But it probably won't help PPV sales and his income to talk about it before the fight, so he will deny, deny, deny.....even if he plans to do so.

Some fighters talk openly and honestly with media, GSP is not one of those guys. I certainly do not fault him for projecting a professional and clean image of a martial artist. Guys like Jones tried to copy his style and failed horribly, and that is when I LOL

groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #94
skylolow

Red Belt

I honestly don't see GSP fighting that much longer. Maybe a year or two and walk away.

But I could see him dropping the belt after another defense or two and may be look at fighting like Silva as farewell fight at 180 catch weight. Maybe a they'd both walk away after that fight. That would make that fight the biggest damn MMA spectacle ever and have no negative effect on either man's legacy.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #95
PrincipeAdam
Volta Minotauro!

I don't think that if Georges keeps doing what he's been doing, which is awesome, dominating the WW division and all, will improve his case for GOAT. He isn't willing to move up, and at this point a loss will harm his legacy more then 2 or 3 more defenses at WW. If he is thinking about legacy, he might want to start thinking about hanging them up.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #96
quick5pnt0cobra
Now I Have a Machine Gun...... Ho Ho Ho

vCash: 400
Blah, we hear this same crap before every single GSP fight.

USA MMA Fans: Do you realize that the events the UFC charges you $60 for they give away for FREE in England and South America? Support free MMA, stop buying PPVs!
quick5pnt0cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #97
eddymotto

Black Belt

selfishly I want GSP to keep fighting until somebody can take the belt from him.

but I would also love to see a champ leave the sport on his own terms at the top of his game with, seemingly, all his faculties intact

personally, I expect GSP to retire any time now. I don't have any reason for that other than he has talked about it openly a few times over the past couple of years. usually when I fighter starts talking about retirement, it is time to retire.

eddymotto is offline   Reply With Quote