Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:40 AM   #21
Cyantist
Jay Pls Go.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aker2703 View Post
i like Dustin, but when posters type shit like this....i hope he loses, just to piss you off.
Why? Justify this fight being made. I know theirs the whole issue of scheduling but why schedule a fight that is going to do nothing? Surely if they sat out a few more weeks there'd be a better opponent?

No disrespect to Poirier since this is likely not a difficult fight for him if he does a full camp and shows up with his head on, but this fight does nothing but make him money.

It's like when Mendes fought McKenzie right after Aldo, that was enough of a step down, THEN he fought Yaotzin Meza. wtf?!?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 AM   #22
aker2703

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UL View Post
I wonder what day Akira will pull out on
well the weigh ins are today.......so he better pull out fast.

special mention, Chael P Sonnen....just because he is Awesome.
aker2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 AM   #23
aker2703

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
Why? Justify this fight being made. I know theirs the whole issue of scheduling but why schedule a fight that is going to do nothing? Surely if they sat out a few more weeks there'd be a better opponent?

No disrespect to Poirier since this is likely not a difficult fight for him if he does a full camp and shows up with his head on, but this fight does nothing but make him money.

It's like when Mendes fought McKenzie right after Aldo, that was enough of a step down, THEN he fought Yaotzin Meza. wtf?!?
the UFC puts on a lot of events and sometimes guys are going to get fights that are not exactly the best fight for them. maybe they had always planned on him being on the card and the opponent they wanted was not available.

also maybe Dustin was told it was this fight or he could wait a couple months for a top ten guy.....and seeing how he hadn't fought in 2014, he wanted to fight and make some cash.

whatever the reason, this is not the worst fight ever.

special mention, Chael P Sonnen....just because he is Awesome.
aker2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:30 AM   #24
soohrednaB

Black Belt

Quote:
Dustin is legit mid top-10 contender.

Akira is bottom of the barrel.

Honestly Poirier just destroyed the guy who won Akira's season of TUF and was on a better streak. Akira has basically done nothing since TUF.

Step down for Dustin.
All this talk.......

Dustin's awesome, and I'm not surprised that he's a heavy favorite here.......but you know that Akira is reading this kind of shit, and there is no more potent fuel to put in any athlete's tank than telling him that he can't.

It's MMA......shit happens. I hope Poirier is taking Corassani more seriously than the rest of us are.

Jacare is the truth...it's really too bad that he has to wait in line behind a cheater.
soohrednaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:38 AM   #25
Cygnus-X

Black Belt

Quote:

yes, let's have all fighters sit home and do nothing rather than having them fight someone who doesn't match the wikipedia record expectations of Sherdoggers.

Cygnus-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #26
Thad Castle v2

vCash: 310
I like the fight, get to see Poirier smash Akira

Thad Castle v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #27
Backstreet21
Banned

Don't know why this is on the main card while Stout/Noons is on the prelims.

Backstreet21 is offline   Reply With Quote