Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #31
wlu29

Silver Belt

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddows View Post
I don't know man.

Again, I am not pretending to know these things. I say what it seems logical to me... though I never been and will never be in his place.

But what if he spoke with his family before?
How much punishment did he take? Not much, man!

I guess it is better to lose by one punch then a broken bone
He has young kids it's traumatic to see your dad get beat up considering he's won for so long.

Also if he didn't feel like fighting he shouldn't have taken that time from his family to train and do all the media commitments etc

Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #32
RemoWilliams1a**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddows View Post
I don't disagree with you!
Weidman caught him, and that's the bottom line.

But even when he fought Maia, he beat him first.
Against Weidman, he clowned much more and threw much less punches.
That means took much more risks.

Like I said, I don't think his intention was to lose. But he was not fighting specifically "to win".
There's a big difference here.
Silly is silly.

The reason Anderson clowned more and seemed to be more rushed and urgent in his clowning as opposed to prior fights was because when Weidman put Anderson on his back in the first round he was the first opponent who was doing threatening damage from that position and using that to set up threatening sub attempts.

That was a game changer for Anderson as he realized this was not Sonnen or Hendo or Lutter on top and if Weidman was able to put him on his back for 5 straight rounds things would not go well for Anderson.

So come round 2 Anderson showed a crazy urgency to try and bait Chris to stand and bang. He did so well before he traditionally has and without taking the time to fully feel out Weidmans timing. Again that was because of the threat Weidman was on the ground.

So Anderson hung his chin wide open to Chris as bait and Chris took the bait. Anderson got what he wanted. But Chris did not miss like others and had the power unlike others, to put Anderson to sleep when he connected.

RemoWilliams1a** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #33
Paralakz

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
That is overly simplistic. I really can't say who is a better fighter. Weidman did what he needed to do, so it's not like it wasn't a legitimate win. But would Anderson have won if he didn't act like a clown? Did Anderson beat Anderson? I don't know.
In any other case, if a fighter makes a mental mistake, (backs up straight instead of circles, etc) he is considered the worse fighter because he makes that mistake.

But because it's Anderson, people like you argue he's better even though he lost SOUNDLY.

Mind you, I'm a Cain Velasquez fan who felt he was better after getting KO'd by JDS. But that night, Junior was the better man, better fighter, period. Even so, Anderson doesn't even have an injury to cling to like Cain did.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #34
Captain Trips

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralakz View Post
In any other case, if a fighter makes a mental mistake, (backs up straight instead of circles, etc) he is considered the worse fighter because he makes that mistake.

But because it's Anderson, people like you argue he's better even though he lost SOUNDLY.

Mind you, I'm a Cain Velasquez fan who felt he was better after getting KO'd by JDS. But that night, Junior was the better man, better fighter, period. Even so, Anderson doesn't even have an injury to cling to like Cain did.
Weidman KTFOed Anderson. No matter how you look at it, he was better that night. It's just that it makes me wonder what could have happened if Anderson fought like he has in so many fights in the past, such as Chael 2. I'm not saying Anderson is a better fighter than Weidman, just that from that fight I really can't tell who's better. As a fan I am disappointed.

Captain Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
Shaddows

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams1a View Post
Silly is silly.

The reason Anderson clowned more and seemed to be more rushed and urgent in his clowning as opposed to prior fights was because when Weidman put Anderson on his back in the first round he was the first opponent who was doing threatening damage from that position and using that to set up threatening sub attempts.

That was a game changer for Anderson as he realized this was not Sonnen or Hendo or Lutter on top and if Weidman was able to put him on his back for 5 straight rounds things would not go well for Anderson.

So come round 2 Anderson showed a crazy urgency to try and bait Chris to stand and bang. He did so well before he traditionally has and without taking the time to fully feel out Weidmans timing. Again that was because of the threat Weidman was on the ground.

So Anderson hung his chin wide open to Chris as bait and Chris took the bait. Anderson got what he wanted. But Chris did not miss like others and had the power unlike others, to put Anderson to sleep when he connected.
There's a huge flaw on your view.
Anderson did not need to get any more urgency as you put.
because the bait was for Weidman to stand & bang with him, and Weidman was already there. he did not attempt any takedowns since Silva stuffed it twice on the first.

if anything, the fact that he was clowning and Weidman was catching him shows he needed to STOP CLOWNING and start counter-punching... which Silva did not do.

if you recall the fights against Maia, Silva first beat Maia (or most everyone else) by counter-punching him/them. Once he established he was the better striker and put doubt on those fighters he would clown them to have them open up and THEN end the fight.

With Weidman, he simply did not punch back. That obviously made Chris even more confident, since Silva was not attacking he could punch in combinations.... which ultimately was what caught Silva.