Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #81
georgejjr

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenason View Post
Just because the judges thought he lost, doesn't mean he lost. They obviously didn't watch the same fight I fought cause the fight I saw, Hendricks beat THE FUCK out of GSP. Hendricks made GSP his little pansy boy bitch. Hendricks won that fight.
Um, GSP won the last round. How in the world do you beat the FUCK out of someone and lose the last round - someone you beat that badly should be barely hanging on praying for time to run out, not doing better than you at the end of the fight. Seriously, watch the fight again - in the last round, did it look like GSP was hanging on for dear life?

I thought Hendricks won the fight 48-47, but it was close; it all depends upon who won the first round. I gave it to Hendricks. The rest of the fight was clearly split, and GSP finished stronger than Hendricks.

And actually, who the judges thought won is in fact who won. I thought Hendricks beat GSP, Lawlor beat Hendricks, Gus beat Jones, and Shogun beat Machida (in the first fight). But when I check the record books, I find that the results are based on what the judges thought, not what I think.

Why Hendricks wants GSP is obvious. He's now a champ, and will get PPV revenues. GSP is the biggest PPV draw out there, of course he's going to want that. Its the same reason GSP wanted to fight Diaz instead of Hendricks - Diaz was the bigger PPV draw. Nothing wrong with it in either case, as long as they give the number one challenger (and GSP is not currently the number one challenger, or even the number 100 challenger, he's retired) the next fight afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Yeah cuz Top 10 WW fighters have a long history of losing by KO

Many Shedoggers said GSP was boring cuz he couldn't finish his opponents... Hendricks, who has KO power, couldn't finish Kos, Condit, St.Pierre, Lawler, Pierce...

What is the problem? GSP can't finish an opponent or.... Top 10 WW fighters are very hard to finish?
Definitely looks like top 10 WW's are hard to finish. Hendricks finish percentage in the UFC is barely better than GSP's right now (there's a thread on it, both are about 50%).

Last edited by georgejjr; 03-18-2014 at 10:09 AM.
georgejjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #82
rplende

Blue Belt

Hendricks would only say that to avoid a fight with Lombard or Nick Diaz! I say Lombard Rory or Nick Diaz next!

rplende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #83
lolcat15
Pickpocket

vCash: 6500
Come on now GSPussy, Hendricks is giving you the opportunity to prove that your win isn't a fluke.

Lawler ain't the champ so I guess GSP won't be back.

lolcat15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #84
georgejjr

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
Officially, yes. But actually? Eh...that's open for debate. Besides, I would want to fight GSP too. GSP vacated the belt and the only way for Hendricks to avoid the 'paper-champ' is to officially and actually beat GSP.
I don't recall ever reading that Floyd Patterson was called the 'paper-champ' when he won the title after Marciano retired with the belt. If GSP stays retired, then no one with any brains is going to call Hendricks the 'paper-champ'.

Hendricks wants to fight GSP for the same reason GSP wanted to fight Diaz - he's looking for the bigger PPV than he'd get fighting the number one contender.

Diaz was a bigger draw than Hendricks, so GSP wanted him. GSP is a bigger draw than any other WW, so Hendricks wants him. This is pretty straightforward. You only have so much time at the top, and they all want to maximize their earnings while there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcat15 View Post
Come on now GSPussy, Hendricks is giving you the opportunity to prove that your win isn't a fluke.

Lawler ain't the champ so I guess GSP won't be back.
You got to love internet tough guys. GSPussy - so tell me, who have you fought who is anywhere close as dangerous as Hendricks, Diaz, Alves, Koscheck, Penn, Hughes ... all the guys that 'pussy' got into the cage with. Seriously, you've got to be trolling, because no one can intentionally make themselves sound that silly.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #85
1a2a3a4a

White Belt

it's not about legitimizing the belt, it's about big money

taking a guess, he can probably make more money in one fight with gsp, win or lose, than defending the belt three times against other contenders

whether other people think he won or not, he felt he dominated gsp. why not make big money against an opponent you feel very confident against, rather than make less than half the cash per fight against other contenders?

do you think he'd still aim for gsp if he stood to make half the money he would earn fighting against other contenders? it's not about legitimizing the belt

1a2a3a4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #86
Groundmaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Keyser_Soze_ View Post
You need to learn how to score an MMA fight. Or learn to be objective. Hendricks won the fight 48-47. Sorry if you can't understand or accept that.
Whats with that shit? I scored it 48-47 Hendricks to - however the ones that are important didn't.

Groundmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #87
Groundmaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoopdog View Post
so did GSP #butthurt
Wrong - GSP went through with his drug testing and even promised Hendricks he'd pay him the fees.

Groundmaster is offline   Reply With Quote