Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
MitMcl

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Good fight. I think Kampman's better, but it's definitely winnable for both fighters.

MitMcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
Towelie by TKO
Senior Dos Equis

vCash: 50
Knowing the elitists who like to shit on Brown, he'll KO Kampmann and suddenly Kampmann is not a legit Top 10 win because he was coming off 2 losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUEvenLiftBro View Post
Mein basically beat him too, but gassed out. Dropped him bad with body shots, but couldn't seal the deal.
^^^ This is the kind of elitist horseshit I'm talking about. Mein got his ass beat for the first 4 minutes of the round. Then he drops Brown with a picture-perfect liver shot and Brown locks up a triangle to buy himself time to recover, Mein escapes and Brown almost finishes him at the end of the round with elbows and that somehow = Mein beat him? What? If he doesn't have the gas to finish someone in the FIRST ROUND, how is that "beating" Brown who was able to do this to him in the second round?

No, making a thread to point out Dana White's latest lie or self-contradiction is not going to hurt Zuffa. In fact, you're playing right into their hands.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Last edited by Towelie by TKO; 12-18-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Towelie by TKO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #23
doozer

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Ford View Post
travis browne would wreck kampman
We are talking about Brown, not Browne. You know, Mike Brown former WEC featherweight champ.

WW: Jake Ellenburger, Matt Brown
LW: Gray Maynard, Michael Chiesa
FW: Chan Sung Jung
BW: Uriah Faber
WBW: Cat Zingano
FW: John Dodson
doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #24
Grabljanin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hto63 View Post
I understand why you are calling it premature but it really wasn't. Does Matt Brown really need to be the first guy to go on a 8 (eight) fight win streak to get the titleshot in the division?

Sure, his opponents were not top 10 guys although Mein, Thompson, Swick and Pyle could probably beat up some of the ranked guys.

But Robbie Lawler is fighting for the title on a 3 win streak, Woodley could be fighting for the title on a 2 win streak. Top opponents or not, doesn't seem right at all.
Pyle "probably could" but never has, and neither has Brown.

Lawler is proven and has fought top 10's most of his career. I agree with you on Woodley but I doubt they're gonna just give him a title shot if he beats Shields, I'm pretty sure he will need at least another top win.

Brown needs to beat at least 2 top 10's to be considered for a title shot. It's not about the number of wins in a row, it's who you beat and how. Khabib is on a 21 fight win streak, but who cares when most were Russian cab drivers.

Grabljanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
JAB2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer View Post
We are talking about Brown, not Browne. You know, Mike Brown former WEC featherweight champ.
wut

Old 12-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
Mma Adiction

Green Belt

This is the perfect match, and in case he wins he can have the winner of condit/woodley(which i really belive its condit, nate koed tyron condit will too)

Mma Adiction is offline   Reply With Quote