Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #41
PRIDEWASBETTER
King of Hearts

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoshiSlayer View Post
I'm a fan of both. Just like to point out the blatant hypocrisy from time to time. People who hate Faber is all the proof you need to show there's always going to be people who hate successful fighters no matter what.
I agree. Look no further than GSP.

Austin 3:16

"Yes. Sonnen haters are like dieting women. They just can't hold themselves and soon they're finding themselves pillaging everyone elses plates of Sonnens." - Machina Obscura
PRIDEWASBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #42
EmeliankoFan1

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Jones is a big boy and gets paid well, 500k well, so I dont think some criticism or hate would bother him.

I dont get making a thread about what if jones said, its not worth it. Jones is a popular fighter but cocky fighter and there will always be hypocrisy in regards to him and many other fighters.

Jones is cocky, he enjoys it and wears it, so its to be expected. I also think you give MMA fans as well as Sherdog posters in general, too much credit since most of the sherdog posters have the social skills of children.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 12-15-2013 at 02:38 AM.
EmeliankoFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #43
Phoenix Down
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
Jones is a big boy and gets paid well, 500k well, so I dont think some criticism or hate would bother him.

I dont get making a thread about what if jones said, its not worth it. Jones is a popular fighter but cocky fighter and there will always be hypocrisy in regards to him and many other fighters.

Jones is cocky, he enjoys it and wears it, so its to be expected. I also think you give MMA fans as well as Sherdog posters in general, too much credit since most of the sherdog posters have the social skills of children.
Are you Jon Jones?

Phoenix Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #44
EmeliankoFan1

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Down View Post
Are you Jon Jones?
I always have said Pheonix is my little groupie and he enjoys reading his dads posts. Look at him go, he gets jolly at the sight of it.

Welcome to the conversation my son.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 12-15-2013 at 03:13 AM.
EmeliankoFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #45
Phoenix Down
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
I always have said Pheonix is my little groupie and he enjoys reading his dads posts. Look at him go, he gets jolly at the sight of it.

Welcome to the conversation my son.
No shalom tonight? Must have caught you at a bad time.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #46
Pem123

Brown Belt

If Yagoda said the same thing as gandhi said will both treated the same

“When you’re the best fighter in the world today, they don’t call you a great fighter. They call you Chael Sonnen, beat me IF YOU CAN"
Pem123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:30 AM   #47
Pem123

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingle View Post
yeah a douche who sets up charity events and shaved his hair so his little sister who was going through chemo wouldnt be the only one.
I dont think it was a chemo, brain surgery cmiiw

But what a nice guy he is, this guy deserve more respect

“When you’re the best fighter in the world today, they don’t call you a great fighter. They call you Chael Sonnen, beat me IF YOU CAN"
Pem123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #48
MartialPopTarts
PESSIMISTIC PULSATIONS

vCash: 104790
It's a relevant question. It won't be answered properly, however. The truth is people are just willing to practice an unfair double standard when it comes to Jones. I call it the 'Mean Girls' club of MMA fandom.

MartialPopTarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 AM   #49
Phoenix Down
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialPopTarts View Post
It's a relevant question. It won't be answered properly, however. The truth is people are just willing to practice an unfair double standard when it comes to Jones. I call it the 'Mean Girls' club of MMA fandom.
It is relevant, and it has been answered. Multiple times by multiple people in multiple different threads. The truth is is that people are willing to believe whatever the hell they want despite being proven wrong time and time again. They'll insist it's racism, sexism, fanboyism or any other 'ism' that allows them to ignore the arguments and remain purposefully ignorant.

It's bizarre because the only way I figure it is that people either lack the deductive reasoning to understand why people think Jones is arrogant and has less elbow room to make statements like this, or they've conveniently misread, misunderstood or outright didn't get a chance to see every single post that'd lend itself to someone thinking Jon is not only above average on the cocky scale, but almost the P4P king in the sport.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #50
SuperLuigi

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysian View Post
Jones fans are the fans with the greatest victimhood complex of all time. Truly bizarre.

And who the hell calls Faber "MMA's sweetheart"
These were my thoughts reading the OP lol