Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Genghis84

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery View Post
she looked great, but she was tiring nearing the end of the second and smoe of the third. there's room to capitalize for someone like jo jo who can defend later takedowns and land good strikes.
True. And title fights are 5 rounds. Will she have the gas tank to dominate a large opponent like Calderwood? Will Claudia even make weight in the future (when there is no allowances for title fights)? 142 to 115 is a huge cut, and I'm not sure she can do it consistently for very long.

Genghis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:14 AM   #12
Jim Rockford

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayweary View Post
Torres has much better stamina than Gadelha. If the majority of the fight happens on the feet, Tecia takes it.
that's a pretty big if

Jim Rockford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 AM   #13
JarlSkuld

Green Belt

I didn`t see her fight this time, but I think Gadelha is the woman to beat if you want the SW strap. She`ll be waiting for whoever comes out of TUF 20 with it. The only person who I think matches up well with her - Jag - doesn`t fight in the UFC (yet). Jojo, Kish, and even Tecia might be able to hurt Claudia standing, and all three have bigger gas tanks, but they won`t be able to stop her takedowns...especially if she`s coming in at like 140 lbs. Still, if you asked the question: "Who will be the straw weight champ 10 months from now?", you`d get 7-8 different, plausible answers from people. I think Gadelha is the front runner, but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Jarl

P.S. One reason I was such an advocate of Ansaroff coming in as a straw weight was I thought she could give Gadelha a tough match up. But alas, she didn`t make it into the house.