Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #61
Sanctus

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidney Punch View Post
I've done worse things while I was supposed to be working. Oddly enough, when I'm at home and I have all the free time in the world, I'm never on Sherdog. (I realize this statement sounds a bit odd with my white-belt status. I was a lurker here for a while before creating this account.)

On-topic, I'd call this fight for Weidman. I imagine Vitor will be able to gain back some (or perhaps most) of his size back, but unless he's the absolute beast he's been in recent fights, it's going to be a long shot for him. I don't know how physically strong Machida is compared to the rest of the division, but Weidman showed that he's tough as nails in that fight, and I can only assume he'll be just as resilient once December rolls around.
I only created my account when it was mandatory to access pictures and multimédia.
Wonderfull threads there But I am like you, it's rare to be at sherdog while at home too.

About the fight, I am all for a clean sport but man... a juiced dinosaur Vitor on his jungle was great to watch.

Maybe now he is becoming more of a thermometer

Sanctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #62
ArtOfDrowning
Anti-Tristar/LnP/WallnStall belt

I usually roll my eyes when people say fighters look different but he really does. Seems very soft, like he lost a lot of weight.

Of course he is not in camp right now but still seems like Vitor is missing that TRT. As some of you said even his face is kinda different, can't wrap my head what is it but definitely looks different.

I have a bad feeling he will actually try to take something during camp to substitute TRT. Maybe book a mysterious "vacation" in Thailand

"When dese fedderweights get hit by me its a whooole diff'rent ball game" - Conor McGOAT

Last edited by ArtOfDrowning; 08-07-2014 at 10:16 AM.
ArtOfDrowning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #63
Kidney Punch

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
I only created my account when it was mandatory to access pictures and multimédia.
Wonderfull threads there But I am like you, it's rare to be at sherdog while at home too.

About the fight, I am all for a clean sport but man... a juiced dinosaur Vitor on his jungle was great to watch.

Maybe now he is becoming more of a thermometer
I have mixed feelings here, too. Part of me thinks "I want this sport to be clean and legitimate so as to truly understand how one fighter stacks up against the others", while the other part says "Knock his block off, I don't care how!"

Kidney Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #64
UL
l

vCash: 586
Doesn't matter, always believed Vitor can beat Weidman with TRT or no TRT, he will catch Weidman in the 2nd round and the ref will stop it.

UL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #65
Sanctus

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidney Punch View Post
I have mixed feelings here, too. Part of me thinks "I want this sport to be clean and legitimate so as to truly understand how one fighter stacks up against the others", while the other part says "Knock his block off, I don't care how!"
Haha!! Me too bro!!
I thought of that when there was a clear deterioration of Fedor's phisic and was just imagining Fedor on Vitor's diet!! But ultimately I support a clean sport.

Sanctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #66
Forever Young
Yo Soy Das Ubermensch

Thanks for posting. All the JBJ/DC stuff the last few days had me forgetting that this is the fight I'm most excited for.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #67
infamouz ice

Brown Belt

Dude the guys on vacation with his family and likely not even starting his training camp (fights about 5 months away)

I am sure he will still look muscular come fight now, but not what he looked while on his medical TRT treatment...

Since they banned TRT and the substances that are meant for post cycle, I don't think he get off of his TRT properly.... whenever you take TRT or test in generally you need to have a post cycle so that your natural levels of test start up again properly and so you can keep some of the gains from the cycle.

infamouz ice is offline   Reply With Quote