Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
4Aiur
Banned

vCash: 500
thoughts on buying ufc tickets vs PPV?

saw the fights live last night, had pretty good seats to.

it felt like they put forth no effort to introduce value-add for those that decided to buy tickets for the event vs. those that ordered the ppv. tickets are more expensive than the ppv btw (for those that haven't gone).

between fights they pretty much displayed a 'please stand by' placeholder screen or looped through the trailer for the next ppv event on the big screen (like wtf? there has to be some good exclusive shit you can show us instead).

i feel as though the ufc's business model is wrapped around a mission statement that reads something like 'fuck our customers and their feelings. they're our bitches. them hoes will be back next ppv no matter what we do -- we's got the best mma fighters in the world yo.'

maybe they look at us as if we're all just hoes. they're certainly treating us that way. we keep getting beat up by our pimp (dana), taking it and coming right back to big daddy (and somehow justifying it).

anyways all that to say, seeing the ufc live costs more, you don't get anything additional,it's harder to see the fights and therefore, ppv is better. but streaming is best.

let me know what you guys think.

4Aiur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
4Aiur
Banned

should add, the walkouts are brutal to. they could make them way more exciting. not like floyd mayweather walking out with a circus but somewhere before that.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
jmd69

Green Belt

Needy TS

jmd69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
Free_MMAson
Banned

I wait until they comp them out to make the arena look more full after they're not selling

Free_MMAson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
4Aiur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_MMAson View Post
I wait until they comp them out to make the arena look more full after they're not selling
my tickets were free along with 17 others that i was sitting with

Old 06-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
CerebralKnievel

Purple Belt

I've been to two events and don't plan to ever again attend one. Terrible views compared to your home television, and you're surrounded by sheer morons. Coupled with the fact that you're now beholden to the awful breaks between fights, I've found the experience to be a complete sham when weighed against Dana's absurd statements of the "unbelievable energy of these live events."

CerebralKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
Ancient Warrior

Silver Belt

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-fight-...m-not-mock-it/

Ancient Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #8
4Aiur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralKnievel View Post
..Dana's absurd statements of the "unbelievable energy of these live events."
makes you cringe doesn't it. if he was being honest, he'd say something along the lines of

'well joe, the fights have sucked so far, the people are getting restless and getting drunker to compensate. during the woman's fights, you may have noticed drunk people yelling obscenities such as (but not limited to) 'PUT ON THE STRAP ON BEB', 'EAT HER OUT', 'WTF 69 HER', 'START SCISSORING ALREADY'. really nasty stuff joe but, only available here, at the ufc! here's to a main card that will hopefully draw some better fights. it's a big hope because 3/4 these guys have been known to have draw some pretty boring fights. thanks for the money everyone!!'

i feel bad for those that actually bought tickets lol.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #9
Hans Gercmiov

Silver Belt

vCash: 191
The time I went I loved it. Would definitely go again.

Edit: but, to be fair, the card I went to was great. Last night's card was pretty bad.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #10
4Aiur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gercmiov View Post
The time I went I loved it. Would definitely go again.

Edit: but, to be fair, the card I went to was great. Last night's card was pretty bad.
yeah maybe, it was the quality of the fights that left me wondering. still think they could do a lot more than just good fights for those that have bought tickets.