Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #21
wartor

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Badass things like this are why I keep boating around Sherdog, thanks TS.

wartor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #22
Transmorphers

Blue Belt

I think to be truly great at something you have to be really naive. Most people just wouldn't see dedicating yourself to MMA as a risk worth taking when they could be earning a stable income elsewhere.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #23
tom aint short

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeyou1 View Post
Lol at starting to look legit. If he smashes Frankie we may as well crown him champ for the next 5-10 years.
Maybe not champ. But if smashed Frankie then it's obvious he'd at least be the second best FW for a loooong time.

If I saw that then I'd be convinced he would get by Mendes who is potentially his biggest threat in the division

tom aint short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #24
Marce Porter

Dude's inner game is top notch. He understands that (delusional) confidence allows one to maximize his/her ability. We live in an energy universe, homies. You want to be successful? Take persistent action with a positive mental attitude.

As within, so without.

"Chael Sonnen typically walks around at 250 pounds, shredded."
-Mike Dolce
Marce Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #25
Marce Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeyou1 View Post
Exactly. People were getting so butthurt that Jones was calling himself champion before the Shogun fight. That is how you need to think. Weidman also has a similar mindset.
That was really inspirational when he did that. Jones put a huge target on his back; he made it so he had NO CHOICE but to win. There's nothing like (delusional) confidence. Reminds me of the incredible quote from Will Smith (I don't respect his bizarre Scientology beliefs but this quote is something else):

"Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Itís unrealistic to flip a light switch and lights comes on. Itís unrealistic to bend a piece of metal and fly people over the ocean in that metal. Luckily the Wright Brothers and Benjamin Franklin didnít think so. Thinking realistically hinders innovation and growth."

"Chael Sonnen typically walks around at 250 pounds, shredded."
-Mike Dolce
Marce Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #26
DiegoLunes

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartor View Post
Badass things like this are why I keep boating around Sherdog, thanks TS.
You're welcome.

DiegoLunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #27
DiegoLunes

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce Porter View Post
That was really inspirational when he did that. Jones put a huge target on his back; he made it so he had NO CHOICE but to win. There's nothing like (delusional) confidence. Reminds me of the incredible quote from Will Smith (I don't respect his bizarre Scientology beliefs but this quote is something else):

"Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Itís unrealistic to flip a light switch and lights comes on. Itís unrealistic to bend a piece of metal and fly people over the ocean in that metal. Luckily the Wright Brothers and Benjamin Franklin didnít think so. Thinking realistically hinders innovation and growth."
Will Smith is a big proponent of the law of attraction.

DiegoLunes is offline   Reply With Quote