Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
Cyantist
Vwerry Fantastic Body

vCash: 50
fucks sake

Cyantist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #12
Philtard

Green Belt

vCash: 500
I think it's a step in the right direction for wmma becoming more mainstream. They have a decent talent pool and could open up more divisions in the UFC, were they to poach some of their talent. The closer the business ties the easier the talent will leave. They could be an excellent feeder league.

Sonnen and Bisping sitting in a tree, banters better than Muhammad Ali.
Philtard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
Gun'n'Run

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnslayer View Post
Really have zero interest in Invicta since UFC completely poached their SW division which is where all the most exciting/legit up and comers/well known fighters were.

Now just watch Cyborg steamroll cans? No thx I got Ronda to feed my hunger for horrible mismatches and she's never a main event.

Invicta will be the female WEC and suffer the same fate. Knew it was coming when UFC stripped their SW division dry, will only get worse till it's gone period.
lol there is no chance invicta's going anywhere. Think about it for a minute. They didn't need to keep wec going, there's tons of smaller men's orgs. Poach the talent, can the show, no brainer. But if they can invicta, where are they gonna get new talent? It's the only women's org.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #14
battery
believe in the power of one belt

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aModerateThreat View Post
this is why i havent cancelled my subscription. i have two daughters that do two days of judo, two days of kickboxing, and one day of BJJ every week. having access to "more" all female cards is gonna be awesome for my family.
that is awesome.

battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
Philtard

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun'n'Run View Post
lol there is no chance invicta's going anywhere. Think about it for a minute. They didn't need to keep wec going, there's tons of smaller men's orgs. Poach the talent, can the show, no brainer. But if they can invicta, where are they gonna get new talent? It's the only women's org.
This. Invicta haven't been purchased. They're the only major wmma show around. It wouldn't make sense to take them down. Cherry picking their talent will work much better.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #16
CSA08

Blue Belt

Quote:
Where do they get male talent? Where does Invicta get their female talent? They have already stripped Invicta of a ton of their roster as is. It's only a matter of time until they envelope the entire company. I'm glad women are getting more UFC oriented audiences, but I just hate that the writing is on the wall based on UFC's business practices of the last 14 years.

CSA08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
Philtard

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aModerateThreat View Post
this is why i havent cancelled my subscription. i have two daughters that do two days of judo, two days of kickboxing, and one day of BJJ every week. having access to "more" all female cards is gonna be awesome for my family.
Good for you. I enjoy watching cyborg and holm. Think they should head that way sooner or later. Fatten that division up.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #18
dawnslayer
space pope

Quote:

i'll tell you how: by cutting out the middleman and having the new talent start in the UFC after a couple regional wins.

There's also plenty of smaller female orgs so your point isn't made. google Rosi Sexton (cut+retired) and Jessica Andadre for two UFC fighters who never set foot in invicta (which you called the 'only women's org') but fought in the ufc recently, and those are just two random and shitty examples.

That said i'd really rather you were right and I was wrong. I just don't see it given the UFC's track record.

dawnslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
tmsxl

Blue Belt

Quote:
This. Let Invicta be their minor league/ farm system.

tmsxl is offline   Reply With Quote