Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
fightdonttweet

Brown Belt

vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanellograf View Post
I was saying it in the context of you feeling left out from the popular kids table.
lol I thought we had established its not popular. Its the nerd table if anything.

dude, its a saying on an mma forum. Literally all one has to do to be a part of it is drop the phrase in a thread. But context is what matters. I could go around dropping phrases from another forum I've been on, but it wouldn't make any sense.

fightdonttweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #52
BeardotheWeirdo

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing View Post
That was awesome!

Complete irony. "You don't even realize how dumb you sound."
Really? I've still yet to meet someone who knows what MMA is. I always have to say UFC so people know that I'm talking about MMA when talking to strangers, or even acquaintances.

UFC hired a PR firm to spread the idea of ultimate fighting and training ufc, instead of the term MMA. Yet still most hardcore fans believe UFC wants what's best for MMA, and not just the UFC.

Lots of people don't know the term "training UFC" is a joke, and I bet Rampage meets lots of them on a weekly basis.

Rampage ain't no genius, but he understands a lot of things that even hardcore fans don't, like Dana don't give a fuck about anything non-UFC.

Fedor/Aoki/Nogueira/Hendo/Hominick/Hioki/Genki/Bustamante/Lyoto/BJ/Nick Diaz/Shogun/Kharitonov/Werdum
BeardotheWeirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #53
flanellograf

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightdonttweet View Post
lol I thought we had established its not popular. Its the nerd table if anything.

dude, its a saying on an mma forum. Literally all one has to do to be a part of it is drop the phrase in a thread. But context is what matters. I could go around dropping phrases from another forum I've been on, but it wouldn't make any sense.
Seriously? Again with the straw man. What are you even arguing about now?
It's funny to (most of) us on a mma forum, that Rampage is getting his chain pulled about something mma related.
Whether you think it's reasonable that he should be in on the joke or not is unimportant. He isn't. And that's funny.

MVP
It's Showtime
Hespect Honda Houseys Heputation
Immortal
Thatch
Killashaw
Thug Rose

Last edited by flanellograf; 08-17-2013 at 12:41 PM.
flanellograf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #54
Tulian

Red Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by onvoqc View Post
http://youtu.be/gBvc_tlMM3k

3:50

hahahaha . 2013 and he still takes the " do you even train ufc " comments srsly.
Thanks for posting, made me laugh

Tulian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #55
Jing

Black Belt

Quote:
It's funny to (most of) us on a mma forum, that Rampage is getting his chain pulled about something mma related.
Whether you think it's reasonable that he should be in on the joke or not is unimportant. He isn't. And that's funny.
No, no, no. You must over think it instead of laughing at him. Any grown man who howls in public should be treated as both a gentleman and a scholar.

Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #56
GhostBlade

Brown Belt

Rampage is a legend of the sport but the guy is just a shell of his former self and obviously he feels bitter and betrayed that he isn't getting the type of respect he feels he deserves. It's not easy being Rampage despite the money that he may have or fame.

GhostBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #57
leto1776
Sherdog Wet Shaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightdonttweet View Post
Again, are you saying an mma fighter should know about forum lingo on Sherdog? How and why is what I'm asking. "I train UFC" is not an industry saying. Its specifically an internet forum saying for people who spend a lot of time on Sherdog.

I don't see how it could be considered trolling to elicit the response of people thinking you are dumb. I can go out in public right now and act like a moron on purpose. That's not me trolling. That's just me acting like a moron.

The irony here is that you are comparing Sherdog to the in crowd. Just think about that for a second.
You're arguing with someone who obviously has no life, and takes crape on Sherdog seriously. Let him have his little nerd win.

"I love being manhandled by those big Arab dudes who work there." Cool Hand Luke
leto1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
Smigg

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj383 View Post
Rampage is way too sensitive about Joe Rogan commentary. Rampage strikes me as a guy who can dish it out but not take it.
In fairness, the only things Rampage has "dished out" in the passed years are "His breff smell" and "He ugly!"

Dammit! Who banned Longtime Fan?!
Smigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #59
fightdonttweet

Brown Belt

vCash: 465
Quote:
We're going in circles now. As I've pointed out repeatedly, he's an mma fighter. "I train UFC" is a forum meme. Meaning something specific to people who hang out on forums. You don't understand what a straw man is if you think I made one. There's a lot of dumb shit that Rampage says, why poke fun at a reasonable response from a person who doesn't hang out on a forum?

fightdonttweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #60
CinemaKingdom

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardotheWeirdo View Post
Really? I've still yet to meet someone who knows what MMA is. I always have to say UFC so people know that I'm talking about MMA when talking to strangers, or even acquaintances.

UFC hired a PR firm to spread the idea of ultimate fighting and training ufc, instead of the term MMA. Yet still most hardcore fans believe UFC wants what's best for MMA, and not just the UFC.

Lots of people don't know the term "training UFC" is a joke, and I bet Rampage meets lots of them on a weekly basis.

Rampage ain't no genius, but he understands a lot of things that even hardcore fans don't, like Dana don't give a fuck about anything non-UFC.
This, people almost never know what I am talking about when I say MMA, I have to then says "like the ufc" then they know what I am talking about.

Twitter: @JiuJitsu34
CinemaKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote