Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #201
trane

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg171 View Post
Really because I'm literally showing you exactly what happened and you're still denying it. I mean, I even froze portions of the fight to show you exactly what's happening so there'd be zero doubt and you still claim to have no idea what happened.

The thing is, you have nothing to say to me because you know I'm right and you have nothing to counter my arguments with. Which is why, this entire time, you've never once provided any evidence to counter my argument. Because you have none. So in your butthurtedness your clinging to your fanboyism and living in a state of denial because you know Shogun got knocked out but you can't accept that. Well whatever helps you sleep at night bud.
You don't need to show me anything because I watched it, I already explained this to you.

I mean obviously I know you're trolling but the only reason I replied is because I don't like when people insult my intelligence.

trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #202
markg171

Black Belt

vCash: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by trane View Post
You don't need to show me anything because I watched it, I already explained this to you.

I mean obviously I know you're trolling but the only reason I replied is because I don't like when people insult my intelligence.
You're insulting everyone's intelligence by arguing something without evidence

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
markg171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #203
theskza

Red Belt

Quote:
Nah Shogun was out. The stoppage was perfectly fine. Here's a prior post I made proving this:
That's cool you know what he was thinking and feeling and shit.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #204
Fujita

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Jake is lucky Herb wasn't reffing.

Wand
Hendo
Hughes
Nick Diaz
Fujita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #205
markg171

Black Belt

vCash: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskza View Post
That's cool you know what he was thinking and feeling and shit.
Feel free to check out the stills of the fight I made in a prior post that show him go out if you don't feel like basing your belief off the fact that he can't get to his feet 30 seconds after the fight's over

Quote:
Limp - means he's out

Conscious again as he grabs the leg

Conscious as he clasps his hands and holds the leg

Unconscious as his hands unclasp and he's no longer holding the leg

Conscious again as he reclasps his hands and holds on

Start bringing some evidence to the table cause right now you're all talk

So I don't exactly need to know what he's feeling when you can see him fade out of consciousness and then can't get back to his feet when the fight's over. He clearly goes out

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?

Last edited by markg171; 04-02-2014 at 01:34 AM.
markg171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:54 AM   #206
MCS
human movement expert

Shogun's right arm did give out as Hendo was pounding on him.

MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #207
burnthehive

Blue Belt

Shogun ate multiple H-Bombs in both fights, and kept on pushing forward. He's an absolute beast! In the second fight, the H-Bomb coming out of the clinch didn't knock Shogun out; it landed square on his nose, and fucking smashed it. That sent Shogun backward off balance. A follow up shot caused Shogun to turtle up, to protect the damage to his face -- he knew his nose was done for -- and then Henderson dropped hammerfists to the back of his (Shogun's) head. The referee stopped the fight, but Shogun immediately stoop up as though he were going to continue to stalk Henderson.

That dude is a fucking beast; no one else survived H-Bomb after H-Bomb, and lived to tell about it. It's incredible to me that after those shots, Shogun still wasn't knocked out.

Note: I'm not saying that the stoppage wasn't legitimate; like Alfonso said, the referee would likely have stopped the fight ten seconds later anyway, after the doctor saw the damage to Shogun's nose. I'm just saying that Shogun was knocked out -- dazed, sure, but more as a result of the subsequent hammerfists after turtling up, rather than the initial H-Bomb.

In the reply and gifs, you can see that (a) the H-Bomb landed on his nose; that (b) Shogun remained conscious throughout the whole sequence; and (c) Shogun immediately stood up after Dan's weight was off of him, and looked to push forward.

To me, that's about as tough as you can get in mixed martial arts.