Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #81
Toco

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallonFoxGOAT View Post
This might be the most retarded argument to downplay a fighter's finishes in Sherdog history.

Good job.

Toco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 PM   #82
FallonFoxGOAT
This isn't even my final form.

Location: Indianer, 'Merica. The greatest state in the greatest continent in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toco View Post

Av by Augustus Caesar.
FallonFoxGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #83
sandbag666

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusterX View Post
I think DC has motivated Bones in a bad way. This seems very personal between these two, they do NOT like each other. Jones is already considered one of, if not the best fighter on the roster. DC motivating Bones is a big mistake. I think he finishes Cormier one way or another.
If anything, pissing off Jones is good for DC. Pissed off people stand and bang. Jones needs to fight from distance.

sandbag666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #84
HAWTRIDDUM

Black Belt

Cormiers main weakness is armpit perspiration.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #85
Dbreiden83080

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayElectra View Post
Maybe. Expecting him to be able to sub Cormier off of his back requires a fair bit of faith, though. There are very talented and hard working fighters that aren't exceptional in ever facet (we already know that Jon isn't exceptional in every facet).
I don't think he will sub DC off his back but I think he will limit the damage done and work his way back up for as many times as it takes. And as the fight goes on if DC keeps getting TD's the price he will pay for them will be greater and greater..

GSP-Good Luck Champ
Jon Jones
Bendo
Rich Franklin
Tito Ortiz
New Additions: Cat Zingano & Sara McMann
Dbreiden83080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #86
jeff7b9

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayElectra View Post
We've seen almost nothing of Jones off of his back, let alone his submission game from there.
Well actually since you mention it, when he jumped guard against Rampage, he got that triangle set up in very swift fashion and seemed really smooth and fluid in doing so. He also pulled guard against Rashad and seemed to do a decent job of controlling Rashad's posture, avoiding damage and moving around.

We haven't seen much, but I actually like what I have seen thus far. I would expect nothing less that stellar BJJ of his back from Jones. Even though he hasn't had to use it of course he still works it. BJJ is fun and Jones is a guy that has pulled guard for no reason at all except that he probably thought it would be fun to try it out and get a little practice during title fights against some of the best LHWs in history. My guess is that his game off his back is excellent.

jeff7b9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #87
jeff7b9

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart Of Gold View Post
Yeah, after he got blasted. No one's taking away the fact that he's actually submitted high level fighters. My point is, his submissions were on wounded and exhausted opponents.

The poster I was replying to said that you must watch out for Jones subs. My point is, yes, if you're tired as hell, and got your ass beat for the round. I am certain that won't happen to DC.
That is part of MMA though. And it is a really weak attempt to discredit Jones' subs.

1- The vast majority of subs come on guys that are already tired or rocked. Of course a fresh guy has a better chance to power out or counter a submission attempt.

2- It is not like those guys were wounded because they got hit by a chair or somebody broke a bottle over their heads from behind. Jones hurt them. Jones routinely rocked and hurts elite level fights. He has done it to basically everyone he has faced.

Maybe you think that DC couldn't possibly be in one of those positions, but I wholeheartedly disagree. DC is a hell of a fighter, but he is still about 6-7 inches shorter, 7ish years older and giving up more than a foot in reach and god knows how much in leg striking distance.

If you think DC couldn't possibly get rocked in this fight you are crazy.

jeff7b9 is offline   Reply With Quote