Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
DarkneT

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Anyone been to the O2 for a UFC? (London)

Any sherdoggers been to an event at the o2 London??

after my awesome UFC 168 trip (see my other thread), to get me out of depression im gunna buy some nosebleeds for that event and make a weekend out of it

Will bump nearer the time, but just wondering if anyone has any tips, hotel wise ticket price wise, where might bump into fighters.. etc

my memory is so bad, but im sure last time out there, they had a fan expo thing going on, or i could be making that up,

thanks guys i know its early but im still depressed from Vegas need something to stop me from commiting!

DarkneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Houlden209

White Belt

I went to UFC 120 at the O2 in London, and you're correct it was on the back of the UK expo. I've been to 5 UFC event in the UK and done all the tickets, my advise is avoid the nosebleed seat, it gets really hot and becomes very uncomfortable!! Floor seat are great if you can get seats right at the front, gotta be a fight club member for that.

I always go mid tier now, IMO best value for money and you vie w isn't obstructed by the cage.

Best place to meet Fighter is around the arena while the event is on, at UFC 120 i met Jon Jones and Thiago Alves queuing for a hotdog.

The last event in Manchester, we got 175.00 face value tickets for 50.00 10 minutes before the event.

Hope you find this helpful

Houlden209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Mikeyz

Red Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneT View Post
Any sherdoggers been to an event at the o2 London??

after my awesome UFC 168 trip (see my other thread), to get me out of depression im gunna buy some nosebleeds for that event and make a weekend out of it

Will bump nearer the time, but just wondering if anyone has any tips, hotel wise ticket price wise, where might bump into fighters.. etc

my memory is so bad, but im sure last time out there, they had a fan expo thing going on, or i could be making that up,

thanks guys i know its early but im still depressed from Vegas need something to stop me from commiting!
A few friends, their GF's, my wife and I are going to the Gus vs Manuwa card in March for my birthday.

We booked at the Hilton London Canary which is a 4 star hotel and about a 5 minute walk from the O2 arena. Although nobody let me pay for it since it's my birthday weekend, but my buddies and the wife told me we got a great deal for it

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
eno78

White Belt

Me and my wife got 2 tickets for top tiers off ebay for 60 last time it was there, after the 2nd fight just walked down and got floor seats. Bargain!

eno78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
DarkneT

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houlden209 View Post
I went to UFC 120 at the O2 in London, and you're correct it was on the back of the UK expo. I've been to 5 UFC event in the UK and done all the tickets, my advise is avoid the nosebleed seat, it gets really hot and becomes very uncomfortable!! Floor seat are great if you can get seats right at the front, gotta be a fight club member for that.

I always go mid tier now, IMO best value for money and you vie w isn't obstructed by the cage.

Best place to meet Fighter is around the arena while the event is on, at UFC 120 i met Jon Jones and Thiago Alves queuing for a hotdog.

The last event in Manchester, we got 175.00 face value tickets for 50.00 10 minutes before the event.

Hope you find this helpful

VERY helpful, thanks dude will see how much prices are for mid tier when they're released

Old 01-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
UL

Silver Belt

vCash: 0
No but my phone network with them

UL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
DarkneT

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyz View Post
A few friends, their GF's, my wife and I are going to the Gus vs Manuwa card in March for my birthday.

We booked at the Hilton London Canary which is a 4 star hotel and about a 5 minute walk from the O2 arena. Although nobody let me pay for it since it's my birthday weekend, but my buddies and the wife told me we got a great deal for it
Damn dude, we got a hilton in Manchester and it's a FORTUNE
Good work!

I found an ibis hotel or a premier in right by the arena for 120 for two nights, cheap and cheerful, the damn train is expensive, but better than driving 6-7 hours I guess

Old 01-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
Tulian

vCash: 50
In terms of the expos, there always is something decent going on such as fighter meetups and a q and a, but you had to be a fight club member for it (q and a that is, meetups are open to everyone) last time round. I went to ufc 120, and the cheapest seats were pretty crap, but it was still a good night out. Can't help too much with the hotel info as I live around 1.5 hours away so went home afterwards.

-Lethal P4P #1 Mod
Tulian is online now   Reply With Quote