Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #91
Mikeyz

Red Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Non View Post
Until he really starts finishing more fights, I'll probably always consider Silva above him. I like GSP and contrary to what many people think, his fights are entertaining. But I do have to give Anderson more credit in that not only is he winning fights but he finishes fighters in ways they rarely get finished. Plus he did go up a weight class a few times and beat a top 5 ranked opponent in his run.
You see, I don't get this opinion that just because GSP hasn't finished an opponent that he shouldn't be ranked #1 P4P in the world.

Do you know how hard it is to completely neutralize and break down fighter by fighter by fighter for 25 minutes straight in a fight without getting into ANY sort of trouble in that time span?

I think GSP deserves alot of recognition for that.

AS got his ass kicked for 4 and a half rounds against Chael their first fight and the 1st round of their second fight and got KTFO against Weidman in his last fight.

When can you ever say someone dominated GSP for 4 and a half rounds in a fight?

Fuck!!! other then Condit, when can you say someone dominated GSP for 4 and a half minutes or even SECONDS in a fight?

FTR, I am not a GSP fan, I am just saying

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #92
Dorkman

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiosh View Post
The problem with this statement is that very few people outside of Canada understand the huge rift between English and French Canadians.

There are English Canadians who dislike GSP because he's French Canadian, more than a few.

Qualifying yourself as Canadian doesn't mean you can't be biased against GSP (for reasons other than his abilities).
I have yet to see any of my fellow non-french speaking canadians dislike georges because he is french...

MW: Machida
WW:Lawler, Condit
LW: Sanchez, Cerrone
FW: Aldo
BW: Mayday Mcdonald
Dorkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #93
Victor

Blue Belt

vCash: 369
arguably he already has

i think theyre about even at the moment

Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #94
Crowells

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
With the French and English beef, it existed more so I believe when I was younger or not even born. Some older Frenchmen and women hold on to their distaste for whatever reason and I think the English held on or the reminding ones that remember don't like how close separation in the 90's almost happened. I live in Ontario and in all honestly I think both sides in a huge way have calmed down "that's a good thing". If your older or just still upset I believe those guys are still upset but there's not as many on both sides I believe still keeping that rift going.