Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #41
BIGPERG

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Silva doesn't want the title. He wants interesting fights and that silva $$$$$

Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #42
SherdogJoe

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by weich View Post
Okay. I don't see what this adds to the conversation.
Well you started a thread saying post werdum Fedor was similar to last night's Penn.
So my response to that is "Fedor has never looked even close to as bad as Penn has looked on his bad days."

I don't get how you don't see how that relates to the conversation...

You either agree with me, or disagree and then show me a fight were Fedor looked uninterested in the fight and basically stopped fighting. Which was what Penn was doing last night.

Fedor always gave everything he had. Penn seems to lose motivation if things don't go his way.

SherdogJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #43
Mikeyz

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by weich View Post
IMO, it's inevitable. Silva was nearing the end of his career before the knockout and broken leg. He's lost his aura of invincibility. He's going to end up beating lower tired fighters, like Fedor, or end up getting smoked by someone that you know he could/should beat in a different setting.

Does anyone really see a glorious Silva comeback?
I can't see it happening.

But then again, he is Anderson Silva, so I wouldn't be surprised.

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #44
NTylerWeTrust

Blue Belt

I hope not/don't think it will be. Silva strikes me as the person who would know when its over and stop. Wishful thinking from me I'm sure but if doesn't feel comfortable on the leg/have the desire to fight, I see him hanging the gloves sooner rather than later.

WW - Carlos Condit
LW - Benson Henderson
FW - Korean Zombie
BM - Michael McDonald
FLYW - Ian McCall
WBM - Cat Zigano
NTylerWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #45
weich

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherdogJoe View Post
Well you started a thread saying post werdum Fedor was similar to last night's Penn.
So my response to that is "Fedor has never looked even close to as bad as Penn has looked on his bad days."

I don't get how you don't see how that relates to the conversation...

You either agree with me, or disagree and then show me a fight were Fedor looked uninterested in the fight and basically stopped fighting. Which was what Penn was doing last night.

Fedor always gave everything he had. Penn seems to love motivation if things don't go his way.
The underlying message I'm trying to pass on, and which I think is pretty clear, is that Silva will not be the same fighter he was in his prime, or even before the two Weidman fights. It doesn't matter if Fedor didn't stand stick straight and get beaten the fuck up, or "look disinterested". The fact of the matter is that his skills diminished, he got beat my some talented guys, and finished it by beating guys who were well outside of the top. That's what I see happening to Silva. He's going to be so far off his game that it won't be the same to watch.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #46
Romefitforbattl

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTylerWeTrust View Post
I hope not/don't think it will be. Silva strikes me as the person who would know when its over and stop. Wishful thinking from me I'm sure but if doesn't feel comfortable on the leg/have the desire to fight, I see him hanging the gloves sooner rather than later.
I agree, his family also seems to have been giving him some heat to retire for awhile now. Even before the Weidmen fights. I think Silva's greatest asset is that he has a family structure that will make sure he retires way before he looks the way BJ did yesterday....

Romefitforbattl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #47
Priceinator
Old Gaming Wizard

If and when Silva comes back he should NOT be fighting Top 5 competition. Or even Top 10 comp IMO.

He's said he doesn't want another run at the title. He wants fun fights. I think he should get them.

Throw him at LHW gatekeepers and Top 20 MW's only, please.

Priceinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #48
Senzo Tanaka

Black Belt

Something tells me Silva will fight like nothing ever happened. The only concern I have is his chin may be gone. It only takes one good shot to break some guys. It was scary how easy Chris put him out with the punch in the clinch. It wasn't his "chin" per se but it put his lights out.

If we get Diaz/Silva, it should be a pretty solid stand up fight and we'll quickly know how his chin will hold up. I'd go Diaz or Bisping to see where he stands.

Senzo Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote