Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #41
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

vCash: 500
How truly weird would it be if Le knocked Bisping out and retired him like he did Franklin more or less? Franklin-Le is still such a weird, shock fight result that I forget the fight even happened on a regular basis. Extra strange, too, since it was particularly brutal.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #42
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollman View Post
Seriously, Kennedy V Yoelo on the main card while Cruz is on the prelims??? AYFKM?

If Cruz wins he should be next for Barao/Dillishaw, right?

Oh, man Cruz v either is #nopantsterritory.
Consider that Fox Sports 1 always want a "main event"-type fight for their prelim portions now, a la Urijah Faber-Alex Caceres. And, consider that Cruz is always in the booth for them, they've invested in him individually and the like. I think it makes sense.

Perhaps most importantly, consider that most people don't like watching Dominick Cruz fight as much as you or me.

If Cruz wins, he's likely the next guy, especially if he looks good. However, I wouldn't be surprised (especially if Cruz looked pedestrian or struggles a bit) if they didn't try to just get him back in action quickly, while allowing the Assuncao-Caraway winner to fight Dillashaw next. Still think Cruz against the Barao-Dillashaw 2 winner is the most likely outcome, but I do think there is Plan B validity to it. Sean Shelby preferred Dillashaw-Assuncao 2 to Dillashaw-Barao 2 anyhow, it potentially helps them build Dillashaw's brand, and in turn, build a Dillashaw-Cruz fight.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #43
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

Also, were you folks aware that tomorrow is the two-year anniversary of the cancelation of UFC 151? Take a trip down memory lane with me, you fuckin' sport killers.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #44
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

"I'll tell you what. I'll go on the record saying this guy is a fucking sport killer. This guy is from another planet. I've never even seen anything like it in my life."

"I don't give a shit what Greg Jackson thinks. This guy is a fucking weirdo, man. Turning down a fucking fight, saying if he doesn't turn down a fight with Chael Sonnen it would be the biggest mistake of his entire career, because he's not ready for that guy? Greg Jackson should never be interviewed by anybody ever again except by a psychiatrist."

Two years ago. Man, time flies.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #45
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

Also, I interviewed Greg Jackson immediately after the UFC 151 conference call live on radio. Have a trip down memory lane with the sport killer himself, too: http://www.sherdog.com/radio/Breen-G...ana-White-2729

Old 08-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #46
Bollman

Brown Belt

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm trying to hold it down at work while getting my Sherfix on.

Alvarez ceiling in UFC?

Old 08-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #47
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollman View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm trying to hold it down at work while getting my Sherfix on.

Alvarez ceiling in UFC?
His ceiling? Well, reigning champion, obviously. I can't imagine Alvarez reigning a long time with his chin, concussions, fight style, and the nature of the 155-pound division. I think the question that drives more people is "What's his basement?", in which case I can't see him being worse than a win two, lose one sorta guy. Alvarez is a thrill-a-minute, more well-rounded than he gets credit for and can end guys in one blistering fury. I think 12 months from now, we still see him as a top-10, top-15 guy at worst.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #48
Jordan Breen
Senior Moderator

Alright team, that'll do it for another Friday.

As always, if you need to get at me or want to threaten my life, email me at jbreen at sherdog dot com, or hit me up on Twitter, @JordanBreen.

Stay tuned to Sherdog.com for all your pre-, during and post-UFC Fight Night coverage live from Macau, China, and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Also, RFA, Titan FC, Inoki Genome Fight and more. Sherdog, where no one will ever judge you for caring about Satoshi Ishii and Mike Ricci.

Enjoy some fights, however you may see 'em. Peace.

Closed Thread