Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
MafiaMoniz

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
UFC Fight Night 47

The UFC is going to Bangor Maine on August 16 I will be attending this event but as of right now there are no fights rumored for this card yet. I was thinking that a Tim Sylvia vs Frank Mir rematch could of headlined this but seeing Dana has already shut down the idea of a UFC return for the Maine-iac who do you think headlines? & what do you think the 5 other matches on this card will be?

Possible Main Event

Michael Bisping vs Tim Boetsch- both lost there last outing both bring good standup and I also think Tim will fight on this card either way

Tarec Saffiedine vs Matt Brown- if both are healthy this matchup makes perfect sense there both two semi contenders that need a couple more big wins to get a title shot

Josh Barnett vs Alistair Overeem- both could use a big win this would be great matchup if the fight doesn't hit the ground

Rest of my Prediction Card

Dustin Poirier vs Dennis Bermudez
Grey Maynard vs Joe Lauzon
Mike Pyle vs Jordan Mein
Jared Rosholt vs Derrick Lewis
Michael McDonald vs Eddie Wineland

MafiaMoniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Lethal_Striker

Silver Belt

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown would be great but I don't think they would waste that on the Bangor event.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
juddy96

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaMoniz View Post
The UFC is going to Bangor Maine on August 16 I will be attending this event but as of right now there are no fights rumored for this card yet. I was thinking that a Tim Sylvia vs Frank Mir rematch could of headlined this but seeing Dana has already shut down the idea of a UFC return for the Maine-iac who do you think headlines? & what do you think the 5 other matches on this card will be?

Possible Main Event

Michael Bisping vs Tim Boetsch- both lost there last outing both bring good standup and I also think Tim will fight on this card either way

Tarec Saffiedine vs Matt Brown- if both are healthy this matchup makes perfect sense there both two semi contenders that need a couple more big wins to get a title shot

Josh Barnett vs Alistair Overeem- both could use a big win this would be great matchup if the fight doesn't hit the ground

Mike Pyle vs Jordan Mein
Those all look good, except for Lewis who is booked in July at the TUF 19 Finale, and there are 10-13 matches on a card not 6, unless you mean the main card.

juddy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
MafiaMoniz

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddy96 View Post
Those all look good, except for Lewis who is booked in July at the TUF 19 Finale, and there are 10-13 matches on a card not 6, unless you mean the main card.
I didn't know Lewis was already booked & yeah I just meant the main card bro

Old 05-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Degen Gambler

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Doomsday?

Degen Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
MafiaMoniz

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Striker View Post
Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown would be great but I don't think they would waste that on the Bangor event.
Nor do I plus I think Robbie will be looking to fight at the end of the year after his UFC 173 match with Ellenberger

Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
MafiaMoniz

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degen Gambler View Post
Doomsday?
I believe he's already booked to fight Rick Story at other summer event

Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
juddy96

Purple Belt

Quote:
I didn't know Lewis was already booked & yeah I just meant the main card bro
Rosholt just announced to be taking on Palelei in New Zealand as well.

juddy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
Mma Adiction

Purple Belt

Quote:

Possible Main Event

Mike Pyle vs Jordan Mein
Rosholt is fighting Soa, i like the rest of the fight, i love wineland vs mayday. Also grey vs joe is really exciting

Mma Adiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
BionicCommando

Red Belt

Dana White has a home in Maine so I bet he pushes for this card to be disproportionately loaded up.