Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #171
lowsingle

Black Belt

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffersystem View Post
I unfortunately for some strange reason have yet to see the Davis fight, but as far as the Rampage one I would have to disagree. Rampage sadly won the first two rounds. Machida did more in that third than the previous two, but in this scoring system it just wasn't enough. If only he had started even half way or near the second, he would have taken it for sure. IMHO it just was too late and the first two rounds were over and went to Rampage.
davis machida'd machida for 2 rounds. he backpeddled nd spammed kicks to put him ahead on the scorecards, then when machida rushed him to win the round back, davis ducked under and hit the takedown. he was gnp'ing him well too

machida beasted him in r3 tho

USA USA USA
lowsingle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #172
jimbob27
Ken Shamrock Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancaDiablo View Post
He was fighting. That's how Machida fights
Yeah I know thats how he fights, but it often leads to inconclusive rounds which the judges award to the other guy.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #173
KarateKickbox22

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingle View Post
his game is to point fight until they get frustrated and either stand still and get kicked or rush wildly and get countered

however sometimes people beat him at pointfighting (rampage and davis in rds. 1+2), or counter his counter (jones and shogun)

the times he looked good against page and davis.is when he threw his usual game aside and went aggresive
That is so fucking stupid. I can't believe I wasted like ten seconds of my life reading that horse shit lol. But then again, most of the things you post on here is just flat out ignorant.

July 4: Drunk off my ass in Vegas. July 5: Watching Lyoto beat The Chris LIVE in Vegas!

Andy Whitfield was the only TRUE Spartacus.

1. Lyoto
2. Pettis/Condit
KarateKickbox22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #174
Nova Q

Blue Belt

I can see people questioning the Machida-Davis decision, but the Machida-Rampage one? Really? I thought Rampage clearly won the first 2 rounds because Machida did jack shit. He literally just circled away from Rampage and landed hardly anything significant. Lyoto took the 3rd round with some nice combinations but by that point it was too late.

I don't see how people see that as a robbery.