Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #81
5Rounder

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattitude V1 View Post
Did you read any of that? Did you watch? IT wasn't that bad.
I have this sinking feeling that you're one of the many posters around here who has no problem posting substance-less garbage to up your post count. Did YOU read any of those play-by-plays? They pretty much stand for the opposite point you're trying to advance.

5Rounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #82
Jew Jif Shoes

Purple Belt

vCash: 980
Jones had an underwhelming 2013, but he's still on the best current run of any of the champs outside of Aldo, so it's Jones/Aldo for me. Six and five defenses respectively speaks for their dominance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAndFire View Post
Sorry but I don't buy this argument. This sounds like another cleverly disguised attempt to discredit Jones.

Shogun was the CHAMP when he got tooled by Jones. HE WAS THE UFC LHW CHAMP! He was coming off a brutal KO of Machida and before that he lost a controversial fight most people thought he won. It's easy to discredit Jones victory against him because of how bad Shogun looked. However, most people fail to realize that it was Jones making him look bad. The same can be said in regards to all of his victims minus Gus.

Rampage was coming off two consecutive wins against to earn his shot against him. Were they impressive wins? No but they were wins nonetheless. Nothing would suggest that he was completely over the hill when he fought Jones.

Machida? Okay this one I'm willing to acquiesce to a certain degree. He was 1-2 with his lone win coming off Couture however he had a very competitive match with Rampage in which most thought he won. His only real poor fight before Jones was his KO loss to Shogun.

Rashad was without a doubt a top prime game fighter when he fought Jones. This is not even debatable.

I know people hate Jones and want to discredit him but it's absolutely hilarious to deny his wins as legitimate. If he never competed in MMA, there's no doubt in my mind that the LHW title would still be changing hands frequently and people will still be arguing that the LHW division is a shark tank. It's so convenient that once Jones came along that suddenly his competition is over the hill.

Also nothing would suggest to me that a Pre 2011 Shogun would have done well against Jones. He has zero takedown defense abilities, no clue on how to close the distance against a long ranged fighter and has nothing on bottom against a strong wrestler with devastating GNP. Any version of Jones>>>Any version of Shogun. Same with Rampage, Rashad and Machida.

Finally Jones is still competing against and defeating the top competitors in his weight class. As controversial as his win against Gus was, it was still a victory. He's now gonna face Glover who is also a game opponent.

Jones is a legit dominant champion. Anyone that starts otherwise is out of their mind.
This is what a strong post looks like.

Last edited by Jew Jif Shoes; 01-03-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Jew Jif Shoes is online now   Reply With Quote