Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
flanellograf

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHammer View Post
Chris proved he can hang with Anderson on the feet. He can stick to any gameplan and win, he is the better fighter in 2013.

Anderson fought like he always fights, and lost spectacularly. His irrational fans are still having a hard time grasping this.
lol, I see I was right to think you were one of "those fans". It's pretty ironic you use "fought like he always fights" and then call other people irrational.
If he fought like he "always" fights, then as I've said before - Leonard Garcia is a highly technical striker.

MVP
It's Showtime
Hespect Honda Houseys Heputation
Immortal
Thatch
Killashaw
Thug Rose
flanellograf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
FrontNakedChoke

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutMeDanaWhite View Post
One thing I remember vividly during the first fight was thinking, not wtf is Silva doing, because we have all seen him and his antics before, but WTF WAS WEIDMAN DOING. Instead of just concentrating on the takedown he was standing with Anderson, everyone in the crowd was literally mindfucked by him doing that. If he does this in the second fight, lights out Chris. Stick to your bread and butter and just work takedowns.
Clearly his bread and butter surpasses just takedowns...

FrontNakedChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
xP

Black Belt

vCash: 1201
That fight was pretty crazy to watch. I didn't see it live or anything but it was a pretty intense moment. Anderson has never really clowned someone so hard, so early. Weidman looking to rarely grapple was also a surprise too.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
jn677**
Banned

sonnen outstrike anderson on the feet in their first fight too. People act like anderson has never been outstruck before.

It's because anderson is worried about the takedown and neither of them are afraid of anderson that's a couple of the reasons why they both did so well on the feet against anderson

jn677** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
Sally Davis

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHammer View Post
Chris proved he can hang with Anderson on the feet. He can stick to any gameplan and win, he is the better fighter in 2013.

Anderson fought like he always fights, and lost spectacularly. His irrational fans are still having a hard time grasping this.
GSP fought like he always fights against Serra and lost spectacularly. Guess that means Serra can hang with GSP on the feet too.

Sally Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
Cazador

Silver Belt

Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous, good for you sir!

If possible, post some pictures when you come back.

Cazador is online now   Reply With Quote