Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
Da Speeit
Sir B. Smirch of James&James LLC

vCash: 2131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveRiddum View Post
Yeah, it does seem like Invicta's fights are almost always better than UFC's women fights. With the TUF card it was obviously bad because the talent was terrible. But even the more established UFC chick fighters seem less athletic and technical than Invicta's. No women in the UFC are even close to girls like Torres and Calderwood. Maybe women's bantamweight is just a shittier weight class than the others.
The UFC only having 135 at this point is such a detriment. So many undersized girls who just want to fight in the UFC.

3-8 (2) in owed apologies
Fuck Mumford and Sons
Def Jux til the Apocalypse
RAC
Da Speeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 5815
Not even a fair comparison. TUF 18 is like Strikeforce Challengers, and ain't nobody in their right mind would watch a talent search event and think they're actually watching the best of the best. Is there?

Tonight's card was sick btw! WAR JOJO!!!

I survived "TPF 10 - Let the Streams Fail".
Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #13
ZuffaExecutive

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveRiddum View Post
Yeah, it does seem like Invicta's fights are almost always better than UFC's women fights. With the TUF card it was obviously bad because the talent was terrible. But even the more established UFC chick fighters seem less athletic and technical than Invicta's. No women in the UFC are even close to girls like Torres and Calderwood. Maybe women's bantamweight is just a shittier weight class than the others.
The 115 and 105 divisions is were its at with womens mma generally,135 is only in the ufc because of ronda.

I suppouse its like 170-155 for men,more women are naturally 115-105 size when there in conditon as opposed to 135.So the talent there is deeper

ZuffaExecutive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #14
bat_country

Black Belt

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkain2K View Post
Not even a fair comparison. TUF 18 is like Strikeforce Challengers, and ain't nobody in their right mind would watch a talent search event and think they're actually watching the best of the best. Is there?

Tonight's card was sick btw! WAR JOJO!!!
There was a ton of posters saying just that.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #15
Poet of Gore
Banned

are people retarded? have they forgot all the fighters on a tuf finale who get a fight in the ufc but should not be there?

the final between julianna and her punching bag was good.

i mean, are these cry babies FS1noobs or something?

Poet of Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #16
bat_country

Black Belt

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet of Gore View Post
are people retarded? have they forgot all the fighters on a tuf finale who get a fight in the ufc but should not be there?

the final between julianna and her punching bag was good.

i mean, are these cry babies FS1noobs or something?
Pretty much. Funny how the ones saying "the UFC should fold the Womens division after those fights" never respond to me saying "should they fold the WW division after the shitshow that was TUF 16?"

Old 12-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #17
underdogftw

Yellow Belt

I see a lot people overly shitting on tuf fighter here. To be fair my assessment of Duke and Pennington is in invicta they would be above avg(cause most top fighter are in ufc for 135) and in ufc they would be below avg to avg. But definitely not some top level strikers the ufc hype machine claims. Pena has potential but I think the moment she faces a big strong 135er she will hit a wall.

Ronda skill level is very legit and have very very high relative athleticism. She already took out number 3 and 4 ranked 145er.

Am just trying to point out those* saying women skill level is not even 30% of men is wrong and those hating on wmma due to tuf are been ignorant.

underdogftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #18
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_country View Post
There was a ton of posters saying just that.
Then you haven't been putting your Sherdog ignore list to good use, dude! I already put them all in the box when the casts of TUF 18 was first announced.

I finds PBP discussions to be a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to waddle through the willful-ignorants. And if you pay a little attention, you'll see that it's the same idiots over and over again, each time saying shit even more stupid than their last posts.

I survived "TPF 10 - Let the Streams Fail".
Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
KlNG
En konge skal stige.....

vCash: 3910
Invicta's card was infinitely better...I can't see how someone can deny that

Brendan Schuab-"Best boxer in MMA my ass," he says of Dos Santos. "Iíll f--- that guy up."

Current activity: Black guy stuff.....
KlNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
Da Speeit
Sir B. Smirch of James&James LLC

vCash: 2131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkain2K View Post
Then you haven't been putting your Sherdog ignore list to good use, dude! I already put them all in the box when the casts of TUF 18 was first announced.

I finds PBP discussions to be a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to waddle through the willful-ignorants. And if you pay a little attention, you'll see that it's the same idiots over and over again, each time saying shit even more stupid than their last posts.
Lol @ bragging about how butthurt you get when people disagree with you.

3-8 (2) in owed apologies
Fuck Mumford and Sons
Def Jux til the Apocalypse
RAC
Da Speeit is offline   Reply With Quote