Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
Burrito Guido

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulian View Post
he'll do more than Shad/Shogun/Page done.
That's wishful thinking to say the least. Chael had one impressive fight in his whole career and it's already been established that was do to Silva having a rib injury and Silvas general susceptibility to strong wrestlers. Jones has wiped the floor with Hammill, Bader and Evans.. I don't see Chael giving him trouble.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
Go Go Plata

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito Guido View Post
That's wishful thinking to say the least. Chael had one impressive fight in his whole career and it's already been established that was do to Silva having a rib injury and Silvas general susceptibility to strong wrestlers. Jones has wiped the floor with Hammill, Bader and Evans.. I don't see Chael giving him trouble.
While I agree with your assessment of Chael's career, Chael has the best shot out of anyone at beating Jones at LHW. While all of Jones opponents stand in front of him waiting, Chael is known for pressing forward and puting his opponents on their heels. We've seen how Jones reacts when pressed upon in his Machida and Rampage fights.

Although Chael dosent seem to have much confidence in himself, I think he can bring a fight to Jones which no one has really done before.

Go Go Plata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
Shadowthrone

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigButtaBallz View Post
Fugazzi.

Barman! Six milkshakes - easy on the ice cream!
Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
atl2006

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Go Plata View Post
While I agree with your assessment of Chael's career, Chael has the best shot out of anyone at beating Jones at LHW. While all of Jones opponents stand in front of him waiting, Chael is known for pressing forward and puting his opponents on their heels. We've seen how Jones reacts when pressed upon in his Machida and Rampage fights.

Although Chael dosent seem to have much confidence in himself, I think he can bring a fight to Jones which no one has really done before.
Not considering his record at LHW.

Jones wants the fight to end up in the clinch because that's where he does a lot of damage along with trips and throws, Sonnen rushing in from a distance on Jones isn't the smartest thing to do.

We also don't know how Cheal will handle Jones speed and strength.

atl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
Clark Griswald

Blue Belt

oh chael ya kill me

Clark Griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #16
BiNgeSiN995

Brown Belt

vCash: 2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito Guido View Post
Chael has become so corny. Nothing he says sounds genuine anymore it's like he is reading from a cue card. He used to say dumb shit but it sounded natural and he said it in a casual nonchalant kind of way. Now he just sounds so corny and scripted. I hope Jones beats him in devastating fashion and Chael never I gets a title shot again.
In my opinion he's always sounded scripted even from the build up to Silva/Sonnen I all the way up until now he hasn't really changed in the corny shit he says and don't get your hopes up with him being finished in devastating fashion he's a good fight and wrestler but when shit looks like it's gonna get ugly he gives up and takes the easy way out.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #17
Break Brick

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigButtaBallz View Post
Fugazzi.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #18
hutchens

Blue Belt

vCash: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Chael has NO chance of winning like that. He could barely get Bisping down and couldn't keep him there when he did get him down. His only chance is the good old punchers chance ala Randleman vs CroCop 1. Problem. Chael has never shown KO power.

I like Sonnen, but this fight is a farce and Jones is going to win easily.
Sonne kept Silva down for entire fight and even the finish was cause Sonnen was on top in silvas guard. Bisping is a shorter stockier fighter then jones harder to keep em down imo, not saying jones is easier to get down and keep down then bisping saying his build for a fighter is hard then the lanky skinny guys like jones' build. But yeah i agree jones will win and it will be dominate

Dominick Cruz
Conor McGregor
Dustin Poirier
Anthony Pettis
Eddie Wineland
hutchens is offline   Reply With Quote